Parts-o-caster Done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts-o-caster Done!

I finished up my parts -o-caster Frankenstrat in one fell swoop.

Yesterday while in the music store with my buddy, I came upon a mid 90's American STD strat with the two point bridge, LSR roller nut, Sperzel tuners, and three Lace Sensor Gold pickups. My buddy has been looking for a nice, 22 fret strat neck for a long time and he fell in love with the neck on this one, which he will be putting on his 1977 strat. He didn't have enough cash to buy the whole guitar, plus he hated the color (seafoam green ). After much thought (5 minutes) I decided to go half ways with him ($300 for an almost mint body loaded with hardware and electronics). He will keep the neck and road case, and I will keep the loaded body and the hardware.

I bolted my Jackson strathead neck (with jumbo frets and maple fretboard) onto the body last night and it fit perfectely. Today I will replace the pots, switwch and cap, string it up, and do a set up.

I might keep the Laces in there for a while, depending on how well they get along with my Bassman/Mesa V-Twin rig.

P.S.

Darn! I posted this in the wrong room.

Does any one know how I can move this to the Gear section?
    Last edited by Benjy_26; 01-20-2005, 11:48 AM.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Re: Parts-o-caster Done!

Dontcha love it, when a plan falls together like that?

Nice score.

Comment

Wow, that was a deal... Don't forget to tell us about the lace sensors...

Comment

Thanks for the replies, gentlemen. New stuff rocks!

First impressions on the Laces:

Very much a strat tone. It's kind of "generic" in that it sounds like any other strat sound, but it's still pretty good. My 62RI with APS's has way more character clean, but the Laces rule when playing through the Bassman and V-Twin on the Red channel.

The cleans with the Laces are glassier, with more twang in the low strings and somewhat of a processed sound, even when plugging straight in. Curiously, they have much the same character either when playing with the amp's volume rolled back as when you're really pushing the amp. I guess they're just really balanced. A cool thing abou these pickups is that they don't get thin sounding when playing the plain strrings (E & B) higher up the neck like other singles I've played.

The output is on the strong side as well, this is partly due to the fact that I raised them up very close to the strings with no descernible string pull. I like that

I'll keep on playing them and I'll keep y'all updated on what I hear from them.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
        X