Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HHH - to split or not to split

Hi Everyone,

I'm embarking on replacing my HSH electronics to HHH (pole, rail, pole) but lost at deciding whether investing in a superswitch to coil split the middle pickup is worthwhile. Struggling to find any direct answers to the below and it's burning a hole in my mind. Any ideas/directions/opinions outside the box also deeply appreciated!

1. How do the following compare, looking at just position 2 - bridge and middle for discussion sake, e.g. 2 coils ideal? 3 coils above is a no no?
    a. Bridge north + Bridge south+ Middle north + middle south
    b. Middle south + Bridge north + Bridge south
    c. Middle south + bridge north
    d. Middle north + middle south + bridge north

2. If above's too complicated or rather superflous, is combining the 4 conducts of the middle rail pick into 2 ok? e.g split only the bridge and neck pickups and stick with a 5 way switch with 1d config in mind

3. Could a push/pull tone pot in the circuit achieve the same effect as a 5way super switch?

4. Parallel or series? I haven't looked into this but thought I ask in case it's better to know early along side question 1.

Thanks!

Re: HHH - to split or not to split

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

You should take a look at these if you haven't.
    Basically, you have two microswitches on each ring, and that allows you to control which coils are in use, and how. Basically.
    Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

(You can also look up wiring diagrams for the Triple Shot mounting rings.. There are different ways you can do it, depending on what you want.)

Seymour Duncan, if you are watching, you can message me about payment options.

Comment

Working...
    X