banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh Hell Yeah Baby, Les Paul Tricked Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oh Hell Yeah Baby, Les Paul Tricked Out!

Originally posted by acuralytic View Post
    i swapped my PAFs out lol didn't like them!! but i guess everyone is different.
    There's a lot of flavors of PAF's. I'm not thrilled with all of them myself, especially PG's and '57's.
    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by acuralytic View Post
      i'm working on my LP too, nice speed knobs same as mine i have 2 mini toggles in it right now after swapping out 4 pots, i prefer the toggles to get the right sound rather than messing around.

p90 in the bridge of an LP is a must have... and in the neck...

p90 + humbucker in middle position mixed is the best for an overall perfect every day use tone.

i have my brdige prails and p90 in neck and i get a massive array of tones, tonight i'm going to wire up a phase switch, also have a kill switch on there too but i don't really use it so i'll find something for it to do.

the 3 toggles up top are silly get a super switch or monster switch or something! those switches must have been a pain to put in and string through the guitar; nice work though.
      I used to love mini toggles, however in my experience they break easily and to be honest i like my guitars wired a little more simply. As for the wiring it was one of the easiest ive done with hardly any effort! Just a little bit of work to make a wiring diagram and a bit of research!
      Speak through your fingers. Let your heart play, not your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Falloffthebonetone View Post
        Dude that thing is awesome. I'd buy one. You could get any tone under the sun with those switches and it looks heavy and sexy as hell.
        Why thank you sir! I do admit i prefer my guitars with a bit of weight to em
        Speak through your fingers. Let your heart play, not your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by nightfall View Post
          I used to love mini toggles, however in my experience they break easily and to be honest i like my guitars wired a little more simply. As for the wiring it was one of the easiest ive done with hardly any effort! Just a little bit of work to make a wiring diagram and a bit of research!
          mini toggles don't break that easily, push pulls break really easy. I had to put a brand new one back together! plus i get free mini toggles from school (fun perk of being in electronic engineering). I want to try a rotary toggle, i don't like push pulls really, not near as convenient as toggles and if i want more tonal range, toggles to spin a split will do it which reminds me i should pick up a ton of mini toggles from school today

Comment

Originally posted by nightfall View Post
            Why thank you sir! I do admit i prefer my guitars with a bit of weight to em
            +1. I love heavy LP's.
            "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
            "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
            "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Working...
            X