• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JB in an Alder body, with Maple Neck and Ebony Fretboard

Lets try this again... MJ wound JB with roughcast Alnico 5

Listen to The Groove by Vinny D'Innocenzo #np on #SoundCloud

Comment

And don't BS me with the Bill Lawrence or Armstrong pickups DeMartini used for about 5 minutes... Ok man?

Comment

Oh yeah... In Alder / Maple neck / board
        And the tonal diff between maple / Ebony is non existent Mad Max

Comment

Where did this urban legend start that the JB is the worlds "first and only" humbucker to be designed specifically for use With 250k pots? Why not the SH6? The Invsder? Only the JB? Has Seymour himself come on the forum and confirmed this? Also Seymour is not a "metal player" so he not after all the balls and presence the JB can deliver!

Comment

Rock on my brothers... I'm outta here!

Comment

Originally posted by dinnocenzo-guitars View Post
              And don't BS me with the Bill Lawrence or Armstrong pickups DeMartini used for about 5 minutes... Ok man?
              Didn't bring up either of those. Wrong ASSumption.

Sent from my armored space station using Tapatalk on iPad

Comment

You made the "ASS" umption that DeMartini recorded in any significant amount with something other than the JB...

Comment

Too bad you had to go to the "dark side" Darth we wre both on the same page about the JB... But there wouldn't be any drama without dissension now would there?

Comment

So... What were you implying when you said " it depends on what DeMartini tone"?
                    Elaborate...

Comment

Quick. Help. I'm being stalked by this freak who won't leave me alone. This guy sure seems obsessed with DiMartini as well...someone get the band to tighten security when they stop in this guys town before we have another Mark David Chapman or Nathan Gale on our hands. This guy is probably really in a roller derby league in San Diego, with a PC full of pics of himself photoshopped in to shots with DiMartini. Someone stop this stalker before he ends up on the evening news.

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk

Comment

Methinks dinnocenzo doth protest too much. But yeah. First guitar the JB ever went in was an ash tele with 250k pots. It's what seymour currently has in the Telegib now actually. It's also what comes stock with that limited run replica series of the telegib with the concept jb jazz set, though an alternate control plate with 500k pots is sent with it. Plus if you go to the JB page on the duncan website, it even says some players switch to 250k pots to smooth the highs, something recommended for no other humbucker on duncan's official site. So yeah, here's a link to both.

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Comment

Looks like Dinnocenzo is off to a great start introducing himself on the forum...

Comment

I'm aware if the while "Tele Gib" thing but thanks for the history lesson! You forgot to mention the A2 mag thing...

Comment

Are we having fun yet? I know I am!

Comment

Originally posted by dinnocenzo-guitars View Post
                                I'm aware if the while "Tele Gib" thing but thanks for the history lesson! You forgot to mention the A2 mag thing...
                                How does the a2 mag help your case? Last I checked a5 has more aggressive highs that would be more likely to require taming while a2 is already quite smooth. Or are YOU just being a contrarian?

Comment

Working...
                                X