WLH or Dist/JB set??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WLH or Dist/JB set??

I have one LP I have to dial in. Im not sure whether to go with the WLH set or my first thought of a Distortion/JB neck set? ( or maybe something else in the neck) I was initially going to do the Distortion as I have other LPs, one has a Pearly gates set and one has BK rebel yells. But, then the good folks at SD came out with the WLH set and threw a fly in my ointment.
    Everything Ive heard, I think Id love the WLH set, but since I had the Pearlies in one, I was gonna make this one have more tude..

Whatcha think?
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: WLH or Dist/JB set??

I think I like the BKP Rebel Yell so much that I just bought another one today. I think a Cold Sweat would work great in the neck!

but if you're going for something totally different, I have to say that if I laid hands on a LP that I'd be torn between the A2P set, the Slash set and the WLH set. really depends on what you're going after. I'd imagine the Slash set would have more 'tude than the PGs, and the WLH set would have a bit more of a sharper focused approach then the PG set.

considering the DD/JB option, that's almost a different ballpark.

I'm still inclined to suggest you keep looking at some BKP options as well.

Comment

Thanks for the input Darth! I do think I will most likely stick with Duncans tho as the BKs are a bit more pricey and Im not familiar with how any of them sound except the RY set.. I do really like the Rebel Yell set I have in my Burny LP and my LP with the PG set kills too. I was VERY nervous about going with the PGs as I normally like a hotter pup, but Im VERY pleased with the results! I love the clips Ive heard of the WLH set and was tempted with either an AIIPro set, Slash's or even a Bonamassa set, but Im pretty sure Im gonna go with either the Distortion or WLH. I ran an AIIpro set in a paul once and liked it, but the neck pup was so weak. I was originally decided on the Distortion to have the really hot set over the others I have, but Im really intrigued by the WLH set. What I really need is one more Lp! haha
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Looks and sounds good . . . wonder if Duncan have the neck cover in Gold ?
        Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

I've got an A2P set that I'll sell, all black, no logo. Still in great condition. $100, shipped and paypaled (not gifted). PM me if you're interested.
          "Believe the word, I will unlock my door and pass the cemetery gates"

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
            http://www.seymourduncan.com/product...ole_lotta_hum/

they can be got anyway you want, gold is a few bucks more.

Comment

I just got some WLH in the mail today, I've been excited to try them for a while and I got a "special" set.
              My younger self would have had them in the guitar before the postman finished my block, my current self may take a few weeks to get up the gumption to deal with re-soldering the coil split switch and what-not

Comment

Originally posted by CountFeedback View Post
                they can be got anyway you want, gold is a few bucks more.
                That is good news . . . thanks alot !

Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

Comment

I just got some WLH in the mail today, I've been excited to try them for a while and I got a "special" set.
                  My younger self would have had them in the guitar before the postman finished my block, my current self may take a few weeks to get up the gumption to deal with re-soldering the coil split switch and what-not
                  . . . you sound like an old man now !!!

Comment

Look forward to your review!

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.K View Post
                      I've got an A2P set that I'll sell, all black, no logo. Still in great condition. $100, shipped and paypaled (not gifted). PM me if you're interested.
                      Thanks! Not looking for a set of those tho. Either WLH, Distortion and maybe JB neck or a Slash set.. Mostly the first two. Plus, I already have the dist..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
                        http://www.seymourduncan.com/product...ole_lotta_hum/

You can get that shop floor custom. The Whole Lotta is a great pickup, really captures that '70s rock tone. PG/AP2 also is a great even combo.

Comment

Working...
                        X