RS Guitarworks wiring upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS Guitarworks wiring upgrade

Just got this installed in my les paul. Huge difference from stock wiring. Big open sound with this is the noticeable improvement. it sounds fuller. Not as compressed sounding but low end is more defined yet still very warm. Its almost like you can feel the notes and chords more when you play. Almost like your fretting hand and picking hand are more in harmony if that makes sense. It's almost like the strings and tones are heavier where you have to feel it more (in a good way). String separation has improved and like i said in another post, it sounds like a big boy guitar now. Overall very happy with this upgrade. It really opens up the pickups and makes them sound better than they ever did. very happy with this improvement. Good job RsGuitarworks!!

Re: RS Guitarworks wiring upgrade

really? no opinions on this mod. I loved it! I thought more people would feel the same..

Comment

I've got an RS kit in my Les Paul also. It's a fantastic upgrade, their stuff is nice! I've got a Brobucker bridge, and an Antiquity neck in a 94 LP Studio, and it's one of the meatiest buy most versatile guitars I've ever played. Everything just seems to ring and respond better when the electronics are quality, even with some stock pickup arrangements.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
      Originally posted by Securb
      The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

I've actually got the kit sitting beside my desk...moved across country 4 months ago and haven't had a chance to install it yet. My LP Traditional is somewhat muddy sounding and I heard this was an improvement so I'm wanting to try it as soon as I get some time. Also having some trouble deciding what pickups will go into it. Have considered leaving the 57 Classics and trying them with the new wiring, but I am thinking they're probably going to get replaced.
        2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
        1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Originally posted by Farkus View Post
          I've actually got the kit sitting beside my desk...moved across country 4 months ago and haven't had a chance to install it yet. My LP Traditional is somewhat muddy sounding and I heard this was an improvement so I'm wanting to try it as soon as I get some time. Also having some trouble deciding what pickups will go into it. Have considered leaving the 57 Classics and trying them with the new wiring, but I am thinking they're probably going to get replaced.
          Can't hurt to try that! The 57's ought to be quite nice with proper 500K pots.
          ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...

Comment

Originally posted by trevorus View Post
            Can't hurt to try that! The 57's ought to be quite nice with proper 500K pots.
            I thought the same thing...might as well try them while they're in there. They don't have as much presence as I'd like but maybe the wiring will help. I'm thinking that the stock pots aren't helping the clarity for sure.

Comment

I put the RS upgrade in my Les Paul, it made a world of difference. Previously I had to use EMGs to get clarity, with the RS set I get clarity with passives

Comment

I love the fact that rs guitarworks is right here in my home state. prolly 2 hours from me. I haven't tried one of their upgrades as of yet but I want to at some point. Good to hear that they are putting out great product.

Comment

So, with everything on '10' is there a difference, or just when you dial the pots down?
                  "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                  "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                  "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

There's a difference on the whole range of control.

Comment

Originally posted by loversmoon View Post
                      I love the fact that rs guitarworks is right here in my home state. prolly 2 hours from me. I haven't tried one of their upgrades as of yet but I want to at some point. Good to hear that they are putting out great product.
                      That's so funny. I'd been living in Texas for about the last 10 years and moved to Lexington KY about 4 months ago. I'm about 30 minutes from them now. That will be nice if I have a problem I guess. And...I need to update my sig too.

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
                        So, with everything on '10' is there a difference, or just when you dial the pots down?
                        both. with everything on ten its very noticeable right off the bat. dont notice a huge difference on the tone controls other than it stays more usable longer as you turn the tone down. But i always keep tone between 8-10 anyway. Volume is a big difference. It will clean up very nicely as the volume knob is rolled back while still sounding open and chimey

Comment

Originally posted by dvanburen View Post
                          both. with everything on ten its very noticeable right off the bat. dont notice a huge difference on the tone controls other than it stays more usable longer as you turn the tone down. But i always keep tone between 8-10 anyway. Volume is a big difference. It will clean up very nicely as the volume knob is rolled back while still sounding open and chimey
                          With the volume and tone controls on '10', would you consider it enough of a difference to be worth the $65 plus shipping?
                          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
                            With the volume and tone controls on '10', would you consider it enough of a difference to be worth the $65 plus shipping?
                            definitely for me it was. I'll put it to you this way, I plan to own several more les pauls in the future and aside from pickup swaps, this is going to be the first thing I do with all of them. It makes the guitar sound more "mature". With a clearer more defined sound. It does something special on the low end and high end as well. Its subtle, but you should have no problem distinguishing the difference. The guys at rs guitarworks are really nice. Call them up and chat with them before you buy

Comment

Working...
                            X