Ibanez RG420CM + Fell Shred bridge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez RG420CM + Fell Shred bridge...

I am considering putting a Full Shred in the bridge, I am planning to down tune to like Drop C or something along those lines. and I can't afford a neck pickup and I have SD Blackouts so I would have to have a sing pickup guitar (frankencaster!!!) thoughts? lol I really want the full shred and I am planning on putting on a neck pickup as soon as I can afford one ahaha

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0381.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	5830863

OOPS I MEANT Full Shred not Fell lol
    Last edited by epi; 11-23-2013, 08:10 PM. Reason: mistake
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420, Ibanez RGA7, Ibanez RGD7421, Ibanez AFS75T 1993 Korean Squier Strat, Jackson MIJ DXMG, Yamaha APX500II
    Basses: Ibanez SR605
    Amp(s): Marshall JCM800 clone
    Seymour Duncan Pickups used: Pegasus, Sentient, Blackouts, JB, Jazz, Invader, Hotrails, Vintage Stack (tele set), Dave Mustaine Livewire,

Re: Ibanez RG420CM + Fell Shred bridge...

You can find ways around it but for the most part, yes only one pickup would be working if you just threw it in there. What are you hoping to get out of the Full Shred by the way? If you want a tighter and brighter tone you can throw in an EMTY bridge blackout and keep the neck one and both will work fine. Or do you wanna jump ship on actives all together?

Comment

Oh my god that is a gorgeous guitar
      -IM

Comment

Originally posted by Inder_Cine_Mann View Post
        Oh my god that is a gorgeous guitar
        Thank you good sir
        Guitars: Ibanez RG420, Ibanez RGA7, Ibanez RGD7421, Ibanez AFS75T 1993 Korean Squier Strat, Jackson MIJ DXMG, Yamaha APX500II
        Seymour Duncan Pickups used: Pegasus, Sentient, Blackouts, JB, Jazz, Invader, Hotrails, Vintage Stack (tele set), Dave Mustaine Livewire,

Comment

I just watched a YT video of a metal demonstration of it and fell in love! More for metal, and I find there is to much output for me in an active set so I am going back to my passives and really like full shred so I am going to buy it for the bridge and maybe throw a 59 or jazz in the neck but uh I play metal all sorts ranging from Suicide Silence to Lacuna Coil (which is more or less rock.)

Comment

Originally posted by epi View Post
            I just watched a YT video of a metal demonstration of it and fell in love! More for metal, and I find there is to much output for me in an active set so I am going back to my passives and really like full shred so I am going to buy it for the bridge and maybe throw a 59 or jazz in the neck but uh I play metal all sorts ranging from Suicide Silence to Lacuna Coil (which is more or less rock.)
            Killer. Yeah go for it.

Comment

I dunno what strings you use but i love playing a higher guage when playing drop tuned with the full shred.

For me it fills the pickup up a bit more. The pickup is naturally clear and crisp so the thicker strings fatten it up a bit
              -IM

Comment

Originally posted by Inder_Cine_Mann View Post
                I dunno what strings you use but i love playing a higher guage when playing drop tuned with the full shred.

For me it fills the pickup up a bit more. The pickup is naturally clear and crisp so the thicker strings fatten it up a bit
                Thanks for the advice man!

Comment

I installed a Steve's Special in my 420CM. It's similar to the FS. I think the FS should work nicely for you.
                  2001 Les Paul Classic (Antiquity Set)
                  2005 Les Paul Standard (Aldrich set)
                  2019 Washburn N24 (Duncan Custom Shop PATB)

Comment

I've got an "MJ" wound Full Shred I'll sell. Major Mojo on this one. I haven't seen many of these around. PM me if you're interested.
                    "Believe the word, I will unlock my door and pass the cemetery gates"

Comment

Full shreds work great for downtuning and work great in Ibanez'

Comment

Working...
                      X