X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humbucker From Hell with ?

Hi,
    This is my first post here.
    I'm thinking about paring Dimarzio Humbucker From Hell with Dimarzio Titan Bridge. I don't know if it's a good choice. My guitar is Ibanez RG1420; Basswood body, rosewood fretboard, 5-piece maple/walnut neck. So here are my questions.

1. Suggesstions for any brand humbucker pickup combo :
    Neck pickup that can sound like acoustic or sparkling (not trebly) sound
    Bridge pickup that can produce clear individual notes when playing big chords even with lots of distortion. the sound like Periphery's.
    2. Is it a good idea to pair Humbucker From Hell and Titan Bridge?
    3. The kind of bridge pickup to go along with Humbucker From Hell?

Thank you guys!

Re: Humbucker From Hell with ?

I'm currently running an X2N in the bridge of my basswood RG with the humbucker from hell in the neck. I wouldn't necessarily suggest the X2N because it's got so much output that it noticeably quite louder when I switch to the bridge pickup. It worked for me, and would work for you if that's what you were looking for.

One I would consider would be the d-activator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

In my experience the HFH only sounds good with maple fretboards. Otherwise it's just dark and weak.

Comment

Yo! Welcome!

I've got the HFH paired with a Super Distortion in a mahog body, maple neck/rosewood fretboard, super strat... And It pairs amazingly!

The SD can pretty much do it all man. It's a tried and true classic for a reason.

But I will say I've never heard of the Titan before. Looking at it's specs it might be a damn good match. Its EQ is subtle and the output isn't overbearing. Looks like it'd play nice with a HFH next to it. Not to mention, it's the sig pup of a guy from the band you wanna sound like.

So! I dunno man. Go with your gut. I think either will be awesome.

Oh! And if you can, wire the HFH so it can be split. The split clean tones are to die for.

Let us know what you end up with dude!

Comment

What tuning? The Full Shred is great for OD and Distortion and being clear
          -IM

Comment

For what you want.... I'd go active. EMG 60 in the neck paired with an 85 in the bridge.
            Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.
              TheLivingDead Can the SD produce clear notes under distortion?
              Inder_Cine_Mann I'm using standard tuning.

I hope you all had a happy thanksgiving.

Comment

Used a HFH with a few different pickups. Really depends on what you're looking for. I don't really use any middle bridge/neck positions, so speaking as for the neck position only I think its a cool pickup, also when split. It keeps definition and responds well to pick attack.

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Vest View Post
                  Neck pickup that can sound like acoustic or sparkling (not trebly) sound
                  HFH's are pretty trebly. Very underwound with an A5 magnet. You're going to get a lot of treble.
                  "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                  "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                  "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.
                    TheLivingDead Can the SD produce clear notes under distortion?
                    Inder_Cine_Mann I'm using standard tuning.

I hope you all had a happy thanksgiving.
                    Well I know you didn't ask me but I have a SuperD, if wired in parallel it's clear under alot of distortion. I have mine wired to a push/pull switch to go between series or parallel. It's very versatile that way.

Comment

The SD is pretty damn articulate.

You can hear all the notes when you hit a full chord pretty nicely.

I loves it.

Comment

Thanks guys.
                        @blueman335 - any humbucker pickup you would recommend for that sparkling tone?
                        @Hank- everyone is welcome, man. thanks alot.

Comment

any humbucker pickup you would recommend for that sparkling tone?
                          The Jazz comes to mind. That would work well with a HFH too.
                          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
                            In my experience the HFH only sounds good with maple fretboards. Otherwise it's just dark and weak.
                            I've got a HFH in the neck of a rosewood fretboard Ibby RG 320 and I like how it has made the neck position usable where it was muddy before. I don't find it dark or weak at all. On the contrary, it's such a trebly pickup that I would fear it being too much treble on a maple boarded guitar.

I've never tried it in a basswood guitar like an Ibanez, but... If you're looking for an alternate "clean" pickup besides the HFH, you can also consider the Dimarzio Eric Johnson Neck HB, which sounds great in the neck slot of my mahogany bodied (with alder capped) Epi Les Paul Classic.
                            Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 12-01-2013, 06:36 PM.
                            Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Originally posted by kingswebe View Post
                              I've got a HFH in the neck of a rosewood fretboard Ibby RG 320 and I like how it has made the neck position usable where it was muddy before. I don't find it dark or weak at all. On the contrary, it's such a trebly pickup that I would fear it being too much treble on a maple boarded guitar.
                              +1. It's 5.9K with an A5. I don't see how an HB like that can be dark in any guitar. The names comes from the fact that there's so much treble, that in the bridge location it's unusable, like nails on a chalkboard.

Comment

Working...
                              X