Dimarzio Super Distortion users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimarzio Super Distortion users

I got one in my Ibanez Artist and it rips with a good fuzz or drive pedal. Beefy yet clear and has plenty of mids to cut through and is just a solid sounding humbucker. I love having it in my bridge and a super 58 by ibanez in the neck for lower output smoother neck pickup tones

Who else uses one and for what style?
    Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
    Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
    Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Re: Dimarzio Super Distortion users

I had some in one guitar for years but these days it's too hot and maybe too stiff sounding for me. My tastes have changed but its a classic pickup for rock styles.

Comment

Yeah it is pretty high output which makes my clean channel not so clean on my Mesa combo but through my traynor stack and a JVM half stack (45 watts and 100 watts) I get tons of headroom still but have the thickness and ballsiness of the Super Distortion.
      Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
      Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

I've used it in the past and might again. Just a classic rock pickup. It's really good in parallel mode too or even split. If you want cleaner and lower output from it, that's the way to do it, or just roll back the guitar volume in series mode.

Comment

Yupp! I don't mind a little breakup in my cleans cause I found when using my tele deluxe with low output wide range buckers that my cleans were a little ...bland

Comment

I have one in my godin session. It's wired to a push pull tone pot, so I can go from series to parallel. Parallel mode is great when I want it to be clear & have little less mids & bass. That helps the cleans sound good in the bridge position. In series mode it's more middy,bassy & more output with a little less highs. I have it at about 4 or 3mm away from the strings, it helps balancing it in parallel mode with the neck & middle singles. I had the series/parallel set up in such a way that going to series mode would give me a solo mid boost sorta thing but the series mode ended up sounding a little stiff for me. Cool pickup, versatile, can be a little too brutal towards your picking technique imperfections at times.

Comment

Oh that is true, it picks up every little thing you do while picking but I kinda like that for pick scrapes with delay!

BTW nice Godin ! I love the Core and Icon series and my brother and bandmate uses the Session custom tele..gotta love that little switch!

Comment

I love the Super D. I have one in my Iceman paired with an Air Norton neck

First thing i noticed about it is how huge it sounds. You can play classic rock, stoner rock/metal, and modern death metal.

Its pretty insane. Big lead guitar sound.
                -IM

Comment

I also really like the Super 58 neck. The bridge is not bad also actually
                  -IM

Comment

Yeah the Super D sounds HUGE thats why I love it so much it has such a ballsy sound. I have the Super 58 in my neck position no aswell and it is so smooth and bassy but has a almost single coil like sound to it clean

Comment

Originally posted by SongsForTheDeaf View Post
                      Yeah the Super D sounds HUGE thats why I love it so much it has such a ballsy sound. I have the Super 58 in my neck position no aswell and it is so smooth and bassy but has a almost single coil like sound to it clean
                      Dude yes. I have my Super 58 wired to split and series/parallel. I love the way it sounds split

I NEED to wire my Super D to split
                      -IM

Comment

Originally posted by SongsForTheDeaf View Post
                        Oh that is true, it picks up every little thing you do while picking but I kinda like that for pick scrapes with delay!

BTW nice Godin ! I love the Core and Icon series and my brother and bandmate uses the Session custom tele..gotta love that little switch!
                        It's nice that they expanded on the Session series with the plus, custom & triple play models. Have you seen their Richmond & 5th Avenue series? I'd love to have the Belmont w/Bigsby, it comes with Duncan pickups too. They have some contest on their website where they were giving away a collection of guitars to the winner. Cool stuff, too bad I'm not in Canada, winning(if!) that contest would mean selling all of my guitar equipment to pay the customs/duties/taxes levied on the prize collection lol

Comment

I hav eone in my Telecaster I love it. It is a great classic rock pickup the review is here.

Comment

I have a Super D in the bridge of my Firebird with a Super 2 in the neck. A great pairing for the 70s/80s Rock and Punk I play

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
                              It's nice that they expanded on the Session series with the plus, custom & triple play models. Have you seen their Richmond & 5th Avenue series? I'd love to have the Belmont w/Bigsby, it comes with Duncan pickups too. They have some contest on their website where they were giving away a collection of guitars to the winner. Cool stuff, too bad I'm not in Canada, winning(if!) that contest would mean selling all of my guitar equipment to pay the customs/duties/taxes levied on the prize collection lol

Yeah here in Toronto you can find all the Godin models in most music stores so I'm lucky, my first band is also a Godin artist aswell because we use alot of Godin basses and guitars! They make good stuff!

Comment

Working...
                              X