banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I put an A5 mag into an AII Pro, does it become a Jazz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I put an A5 mag into an AII Pro, does it become a Jazz?

More or less? The specs are awfully close.

Re: If I put an A5 mag into an AII Pro, does it become a Jazz?

Not close, the same...the Alnico II Pro coils and Jazz coils are THE SAME.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Yes. Coils are the same.

Comment

Outstanding! Thanks guys. I'm about to see what a "Jazz" sounds like in my Jetking.

Comment

jazz with a4 mag is mighty nice. fills out the midrange a bit and makes it sound less hollow. 59/jazz a4 for the win. Im talking neck pups

Comment

I would use a UOA5 mag. I like the character better then A4 or A2 or A5.
            Originally posted by KBliss
            WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
            Originally posted by trevorus
            The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
              the Alnico II Pro coils and Jazz coils are THE SAME.
              Yep

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar216 View Post
                I would use a UOA5 mag. I like the character better then A4 or A2 or A5.
                Cool, but I have an A5 on hand. If I like how this goes, I'll check out a UOA5 next. (What does the UO stand for, anyway?) Unpolished . . . ?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                  Cool, but I have an A5 on hand. If I like how this goes, I'll check out a UOA5 next. (What does the UO stand for, anyway?) Unpolished . . . ?
                  Unoriented Alnico 5.
                  WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
                  The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

unoriented

Comment

Originally posted by dvanburen View Post
                      unoriented
                      Thats a nice word. I was "unoriented" at a party last week. What does this mean in the vernacular of pickup magnets? In other words, why do I want a "UO" A5 as opposed to a "normal" one?

Sorry guys. Not trying to be difficult. Just askin'.

Artie

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                        Thats a nice word. I was "unoriented" at a party last week. What does this mean in the vernacular of pickup magnets? In other words, why do I want a "UO" A5 as opposed to a "normal" one?

Sorry guys. Not trying to be difficult. Just askin'.

Artie
                        I can't explain it in scientific terms but basically UOA5 is has more mids and less bass than A5 and some say even has a bit less out out too. It has characteristics of A2 and A5. I like to use em in the neck position over A5 or A2 or A4. In the bridge I like A8 because of the out put but A8 has a some what neutral sound to it while UOA5 has more character.

Comment

Sorry, the grain of the metal is different in unoriented mags. Alnico 2 3 and 4 are unoriented. lower output than A5. softer highs and less scooped. More of a vintage flavor. some say they are between an a2 and a5. warm tone. dont have much experience with them so this is the best explanation I can give

Comment

Originally posted by dvanburen View Post
                            some say they are between an a2 and a5. warm tone. dont have much experience with them so this is the best explanation I can give
                            Pretty accurate there, big guy. Best of both worlds. Got an A5 with a highs too sharp and lows too tight, the UOA5 would work. Got an A2 with highs too soft and lows too loose, the UoA5 would work.

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk

Comment

I stole this from the web, so they're not my words.

Most modern magnet materials have a "grain" in that they can be magnetized for maximum effect only through one direction. This is the "orientation direction", also known as the "easy axis", or "axis".

Unoriented magnets (also known as "Isotropic magnets") are much weaker than oriented magnets, and can be magnetized in any direction. Oriented magnets (also known as "Anisotropic magnets") are not the same in every direction - they have a preferred direction in which they should be magnetized.
                              "Believe the word, I will unlock my door and pass the cemetery gates"

Comment

Working...
                              X