banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternatives to TV Jones for a Gretsch G5120?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternatives to TV Jones for a Gretsch G5120?

I'm looking at replacing the stock pickups in my 5120 sometime next year. I'm leaning toward TV Jones, but would like to research some other options if there is anything good available.
    Go Packers!

Re: Alternatives to TV Jones for a Gretsch G5120?

Why?

There are other Filtertron clones out there but very few of them will mount in a 5120 and IMHO none of them are as good much less any better than the TV Jones not to mention there are lots of options at TV Jones.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

The limited sig 335 of Chris Cornell uses an alternative/'inspired-by', TV Jones unit.

If they sound good enough for him . . .

]

Personally, i will just stick to the all-mighty TV Jones brand for that Great Gretsch Sound
      Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post

Personally, i will just stick to the all-mighty TV Jones brand for that Great Gretsch Sound
        I still want to get a Studio Les Paul and bless the body with a TV Jones Power'Tron+ in the bridge and a regular Power'Tron in the neck.
        Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
          Why?

There are other Filtertron clones out there but very few of them will mount in a 5120 and IMHO none of them are as good much less any better than the TV Jones not to mention there are lots of options at TV Jones.
          Thanks! Now I'll just have to decide which ones to get...
          Go Packers!

Comment

Working...
          X