Just ordered 2 Antiquity Surfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered 2 Antiquity Surfers

Just ordered 2 Antiquity Surfers for my Strat. 1 for the middle, and 1 for the neck. 1 is RW/RP, and the other is a regular one... not the bridge. A guy I talked to when I called Seymour Duncan suggested I put the RW/RP one in the neck and the regular one in the middle. I told him I would be using the SH-5 for the bridge. Anyone hear of the RW/RP in the neck ?

Re: Just ordered 2 Antiquity Surfers

Yes. I don't know the phase of the SH-5, but its probably to make sure things are in phase in the combo position.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay9928 View Post
      Just ordered 2 Antiquity Surfers for my Strat. 1 for the middle, and 1 for the neck. 1 is RW/RP, and the other is a regular one... not the bridge. A guy I talked to when I called Seymour Duncan suggested I put the RW/RP one in the neck and the regular one in the middle. I told him I would be using the SH-5 for the bridge. Anyone hear of the RW/RP in the neck ?
      If you want hum-canceling when splitting the bridge humbucker, and you want free choice which coil is active when the humbucker is split, then you have to place the rwrp accordingly.

So the answer depends on which humbucker coil you want for the split. If you don't want to split it doesn't matter.

Comment

AFAIR, its for a proper sounding position 2 on a 5 way, whether its Split H+Mid or H+S, while still retaining hum cancellation in position 4? Something about stuff going out of phase?
        "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

^ Yeah, it's about stuff happening when you combine a split hummer with a single...hum or phase or stuff.

Hope that answered your question.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I have the Surfer set with the hot bridge pickup and I have the RW/RP in the middle position. It cancels about 85% of the hum in positions 2 & 4. Tonally I don't hear much of a difference.
            "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Working...
            X