Carvin DC145 / P-Rails wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin DC145 / P-Rails wiring

I have a Carvin DC145 (H-S-H / 5-way switch / coil taps, 1 vol, 1 tone) on order and I want to install a pair of P-Rails and Triple Shot rings when it arrives. The P-Rails wiring page doesn't have anything for 5-way switching that I can see. Any help / diagrams would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Carvin DC145 / P-Rails wiring

bump

Comment

After much thought I've concluded that you can't have any other coil selection circuitry in combination with the triple shots, so you would use a diagram like this where you just use the output of the triple shot like a two-wire pickup.

Comment

I've never used the triple shots before, but don't they just have one "hot" output? Intuitively it seems like there wouldn't be much of a point if they didn't. That should make it pretty easy - just wire the "hot" from the triple shot where the "hot" (usually black wire) from the old pickups went.
        Originally posted by ImmortalSix
        I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a BJ.

Comment

Yep. OP had mentioned coil splits, it'd also be nice to have the standard 5-way switching where the p-rails are auto-split in positions 2 and 4. I just wanted to make it clear that whatever splitting circuitry the guitar currently contains will have to be discarded.

Comment

Working...
          X