Full Shred Prototype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Shred Prototype

one of the first five or six prototypes for the Full Shred.

hand-wound around '86.

just some quick snaps of the pickup. might end up taking some better shots of it.

Re: Full Shred Prototype

I love it!! Thanks for sharing the pics with us!

Have you measured this yet, and also what magnet is in it? Have you noticed many differences between that and the production Full Shred?

-Joe
    87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

I won't be installing or modding this or taking it apart.

I might get a measurement next week, when I can try to get some pics that don't look like they were taken after a nuclear fallout. lol!

Comment

I agree with your intentions of this pup. Essentially this is a small piece of Seymour history. If I owned this, Id most likely install it into an 80's shred guitar and let it there forever. I bet that thing rips man!!
        What an awesome pup you have there Darth!
        87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Is it me or do the screw poles look a bit different?
          Nope...

Comment

I think that its the dust build up that gives off that impression. I had to do a double take myself when I initially saw it...
            Im wondering what, if anything, is different between this and the production model...One thing that I do know, is that Id love to have this...lol

Comment

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post
              Is it me or do the screw poles look a bit different?
              which parts?

Comment

Originally posted by darthphineas View Post
                which parts?
                Just looks like a different texture and maybe a smaller wrench is needed but the head is the same size. Might just be my warped brain, though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
                Nope...

Comment

Could also be the probability that it is a little different from the production models because it is a prototype and the possibility of the access to parts for testing vs. the parts eventually provided by vendors when it went to production. But that is just a guess.

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought they were using the embossed baseplate in 86? It's too bad that someone drilled the mounting holes out. That pickup should have some major mojo though!
                    "Believe the word, I will unlock my door and pass the cemetery gates"

Comment

DCR is 13.07k in series.

More pics taken and will post tomorrow.

Comment

The screw heads are just flatter across the top. I've seen old full shreds like that. The newer ones are more rounded which gives the impression that they're a little smaller. The length is the same and that's the most important part. 13.07 is within range of the Custom series so I wouldn't be surprised if its not different than the production version aside from being "different" that its old and probably MJ wound and should sound amazing. I have an early one that I absolutely love, and it has the flatter topped screw poles like this. Congrats! Great find.

Comment

Thanks Frank.

Alas, it is simply just a find. The person that has this actually has two - the other is still in the original guitar he put it in many years ago. Its a conversation piece, to be certain.

Comment

fresh photos from yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                            X