• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Scary pickups?

Arcane is making this?

Re: Mr Scary pickups?

yes they are.

also interesting that he offers many different brands of pickups on those silly guitars (my opinion) he's building - EMG, DiMarzio, Lollar, etc. he's also claiming that he's custom winding some pickup called the Invisible Pumpkin.

the guy is a renowned and self-admitted gear whore that will put his name on most anything. ESP and Duncan are companies that have been with him longer than just about any other. if ESP wants to give him a corner of their shop to drop peyote and come up with those funky guitars (that's just a joke and not based in any fact [that I can prove]), that's one thing.... but Seymour has given him the opportunity to wind pickups at the SD shop, so it's weird he would treat his SD endorsement like this.

it's also weird that he'd want people to think that you can only get what MJ calls the Dokken humbucker (he describes is as "a replica of George’s early 80′s Seymour Duncan distortion from the Dokken era") in those new guitars of his (see the 00:55 mark in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0IksOdQmf8 ) when MJ sells them from the CS and says they sell better than the Super V.

Comment

Maybe scott will chime in on this?

Comment

edit: check your inbox
        Last edited by darthphineas; 12-17-2013, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Post #2, well said Darth, much agreed sir!
          87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Lynch's tone is big enough for all of these pickup models among two separate brands.

His playing and style is EPIC and worthy of a slew of pickup designs IMHO.

Seymour and George are friends, so there's no conflict or impending problem here that I can see.

Congratulations to George and his business associates for the new launch! : )
            Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
              Post #2, well said Darth, much agreed sir!
              thanks MC79.

like I suggested earlier, this was brought to my attention first thing this morning and I've had a few interactions about this today - which I didn't care for, as this guy warrants about the least amount of my attention as should be given. added to a bit of direct exposure to the guy and his current and former associates over the years, and I think my comments and opinions and assertions will be proven to be fair, no matter what PR spin may be put on it for the interim.

Comment

OMG! How much of a fanboy does one have to be to spend $9000 on an ugly guitar that looks like a kid built it in shop class and over used the wood burning craft set they got for christmas? I'm sorry, I like GL and all. Great guitar player and probably a great guy but it looks like he's trying to hard. Between the non SD pups and the guitars it looks like he's just money grubbing. "Sure, put my name on it and cut me a check," sorta thing.
                Sorry to rant on my first post but when you see an artist start pushing their own items, Cloths, cologne, shoes, etc., it usually mean their best days are behind them and they are looking to sell their name for retirement.

As for the friends thing. Let a friend stab me in the back and cheat me out of money and we won't be friends much longer.

Comment

Who buys stuff like that? Collectors? I just buy gear to play, not look at. That kind of stuff doesn't appeal to me at all.

Comment

No more Duncan endorsement?

Comment

You want Mr. Scary?

Randall RG200 + Duncan Distortion + Eventide Ultra Harmonizer.

Then play your @$$ off.
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Gplayerzzz View Post
                        Who buys stuff like that? Collectors? I just buy gear to play, not look at. That kind of stuff doesn't appeal to me at all.
                        People who buy stuff to look at.
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Mr Scary pickups?

Originally posted by mrderis View Post
                          No more Duncan endorsement?
                          Was wondering when people would notice that. The Super V is off the CS page and his name isn't associated with the Demon. Some of the blogs/articles are still up

Appears that cullenszoo was right about how 'friends' handle things when they are messed over. Its weird that the CS could make just about anything wanted, as well as a relic look and etched covers...not to mention the built-in recognition and marketing that comes with a big name like Duncan.

Not the first time the guy has pulled a stunt on a company like this. At least it's not like he was getting free amps from a company just to sell them on eBay *whistles*
                          Last edited by darthphineas; 01-18-2014, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Hopefully they sound better than his Screamin Demon pickups, gawd I hated those.

Arcane also makes the Phil X sig P90's so they should be high quality pickups.
                            Business Coach

Comment

I ordered a Super V for my Hamer but I needed long legs on it and emailed MJ. She quickly responded that no big deal just send it back and I'll make the switch. I waited until after the holidays to send it and received a call yesterday saying it couldn't be done. I'm confused? What is the info on that Dokken pickup and I'll just order that with long legs.
                              Hamer Centaura
                              Charvel Model 6
                              Kramer Pacer Custom II
                              Schecter Strat

Comment

Working...
                              X