No announcement yet.

What's the best way to store a pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's the best way to store a pickup?

I just keep my spare pickups in my pockets.

Comment

nobody will mess with them if you store them in a blue waffle.

Comment

Originally posted by NecroPolo View Post
        You can't go wrong with an active Faraday cage. In the theory. In the practice - it doesn't matter. Just don't put it in the drawer where you wiffie's / girlfriend's clothes are. Bigger danger than electro magnets.
        No woman = no cry
        "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

I've heard that Seymour is specific about boxed PU's being stacked in a certain way, due to the magnetic fields. Not sure if this is true or not (that Seymour actually said it, or the magnetic fields).

Rodney, have you heard anything about this?
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
            I've heard that Seymour is specific about boxed PU's being stacked in a certain way, due to the magnetic fields. Not sure if this is true or not (that Seymour actually said it, or the magnetic fields).

Rodney, have you heard anything about this?
            Hey Blueman, no, I haven't, but that certainly doesn't mean much compared to Seymour. There is a scientifically and technically 'proper' way to do all of this and someone as deep as Seymour has seen the real-life examples first hand to support any recommendation he offers. How far it extends into day to day is probably hard to say.

In real-time real-life user reality speaking only for myself as a general and practical rule, as long as coils stay free of rust, and magnets stay free of strong magnetic fields, pickups in a box will last for years and years safe and sound. If there is any deguassing, it will be too slight to notice I would imagine. If someone has the gumption to offer the technical reasons, thats cool. We all generally use drawers and boxes anyway with good results. Its a really great question and should be added to the Duncan FAQ if it is not.

Cheers and respect! RG
            Rodney Gene Junior - My Artist Page And Gear Affiliations Austin Texas

Comment

Pretty much in the box for me,or if I don't have a box I bubble-wrap them...
              "Scalloped & Stickered"
              A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Working...
              X