Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying a pickup

Sup guys !

I just got a pickup set from some random guy and he claims these are blackouts
    but I'm not sure, they donīt look like the ones Iīve seen before
    could you guys please help me out with this? thxClick image for larger version

Name:	set-de-pastillas-blackouts-ahb-1s-seymour-duncan-8614-MLM20006507159_112013-F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	5831189Click image for larger version

Name:	set-de-pastillas-blackouts-ahb-1s-seymour-duncan-8672-MLM20006507187_112013-F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	5831190

Re: Identifying a pickup

The LW is for Livewire, I believe they are probably Livewire Classic. They are great pickups and yes they are active, but no, they are not Blackouts. That is not the packaging they ship in.

Comment

Werent livewires in shiny metallic lids/chassis'es (in the pic they look flat black)? And mustaine signed?

I'm leaning towards "top pic looks enough like blackouts but easy enough to fake up, bottom pic is different pup indeed"

where are the quickconnects (came with the hardwired version too)?? where is the green pcb thing sticking out? this looks like some sorts dragonforce or some such straight up attempt to copy the old emgs... Also, is that the number 89 i see in the code? Why would duncan do that, to confuse everybody? Meanwhile, a knockoff builder totally would
      Last edited by Adieu; 12-24-2013, 12:34 AM.
      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Are these YOUR photos? Or something seller sent?
        "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
          Werent livewires in shiny metallic lids/chassis'es (in the pic they look flat black)? And mustaine signed?

I'm leaning towards "top pic looks enough like blackouts but easy enough to fake up, bottom pic is different pup indeed"

where are the quickconnects (came with the hardwired version too)?? where is the green pcb thing sticking out? this looks like some sorts dragonforce or some such straight up attempt to copy the old emgs... Also, is that the number 89 i see in the code? Why would duncan do that, to confuse everybody? Meanwhile, a knockoff builder totally would
          The Mustaine version of the Livewire did but there are other versions of the Livewire, including a retired one.

Comment

Working...
          X