looking for a sond like the '72 Custom Tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a sond like the '72 Custom Tele

The 1972 Telecaster Customs had a very unique humbucker in the neck position. It had the offset 3 poles ont the top half, 3 on the lower half config, and it had a sound that was like a PAF crossed with a telecaster bridge. Does S.D. make a humbucker that has sound charicteristics like that? I want a full, crunchy pickup with a very telecaster flavor. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    --
    Fuse

Re: looking for a sond like the '72 Custom Tele

Pearly Gates?
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

i bet the custom shop makes one, but other than that i am not sure
      Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4
        The 1972 Telecaster Customs had a very unique humbucker in the neck position. It had the offset 3 poles ont the top half, 3 on the lower half config, and it had a sound that was like a PAF crossed with a telecaster bridge. Does S.D. make a humbucker that has sound charicteristics like that? I want a full, crunchy pickup with a very telecaster flavor. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
        --
        Fuse
        go to the Custom Shop page, and look for this, let me know if you get some and how they work out for you...Im dying to try some!

J. Lang Model-3 + 3-off set Lg. HB $170
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Fender has reissue Thinline Humbucker out the for around $80 I think Warmoth or Guitar parts resoures has em' But I gotta warn you there hot and
          muddy sounding. (around 16k) sounds great with the bridge PuP. But dosen't
          stand up on it's own to good IMHO. Need a sound clip? I have one around
          somewhere? Let me know, I'll find it and post it,Or just make a new one.
          http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Woah! I JUST posted a topic asking about these same pickups! Crazy! I don't have any info on what you should pick up, but I know you can get these pickups through Warmoth for about $100 a piece. Check the Duncan custom shop and see what if they've done any recreations. Also check out my thread and see what people have to say about just what the heck these pickups are.
            "No Wockin' Furries"

Maton EBG808L; G&L ASAT Special

Mesa/Boogie MkIIb; (no cab yet)

Boss TR3; Boss DD6; BYOC MXR Dist+

Comment

Originally posted by celticafro
              Woah! I JUST posted a topic asking about these same pickups! Crazy! I don't have any info on what you should pick up, but I know you can get these pickups through Warmoth for about $100 a piece. Check the Duncan custom shop and see what if they've done any recreations. Also check out my thread and see what people have to say about just what the heck these pickups are.

Yes the custom shop makes these and a Johnny Lang model too. The Johnny Lang has already been mentioned in this thread.
              Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

Comment

Those old big humbuckers in those 70's teles were designed by Seth Lover. Soundwise, the Seth Lover pickups would be the best bet. However, they'll be too small for the current pickguard hole.

Your only choice when it comes to Duncans would be a custom shop model. Either that or get a new pickguard cut to accomodate standard-sized humbuckers and get a Lover.

Comment

Working...
                X