Could you please help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could you please help me?

First of all, I'm new to the forum, so hello everyone!

As the title says I need help with choosing pickups for my guitar, which is a Hamer XT-series Standard (alder body, set-in maple neck, rosewood fretboard, volume 1, volume2 and a master tone knobs). I play it through a Boss ME-25, which is suprisingly good for the price. I have a crappy Line 6 Spider IV, but I'm going to sell it. I play pretty various stuff, from blues to death metal, but I mostly play Pink Floyd, Metallica, Motorhead, Death or my own stuff, so I'm looking for a hot, tight sounding humbucker for the bridge position which you can soil-split (pups that I considered for this position are: SH-6, JB, or DiMarzio X2n) and for the neck position something bright and sweet sounding with, yess, you guesed it, coil splitting. Pups that I considered for neck are: '59, SH-2, or a Stag Mag, but I'm not sure about the Stag, because there aren't many demos of it on the Internet.
    My metal tone has lots of drive and boosted mids.
    I'll be very thankful for any help, and I'm also sorry for any mistakes in the text. I'm polish and I'm still learning it!
    Last edited by Am I Kvlt Yet?; 12-29-2013, 12:47 PM.

Re: Could you please help me?

Greetings, have you looked into the different varieties of the custom? I have the standard offering, (the sh-5), in a mahogany guitar and it's tight and defined with punchy mids. I think it will be too bright in alder so maybe a custom 5?
     Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

But the question is, how much is it? I forgot to write about it. Because, you know, 'custom' sounds expensive.

Comment

Its the same price as the sh-6, jb, etc. Its only called the custom because its made to sound like a custom tuned humbucker. Its a standard production model.
         Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

The JB/Jazz.... it rocks!! Have this combo in my Strat and about to drop it in my Tele. I play alot of older stuff... Metallica, GNR, Crue, Skynyrd, Zz Top.. they do great in all of those situations.

I am fairly new to the forum myself, but just thought I'd throw one in. Some of the member led me in this direction as well.

Comment

Working...
          X