HSH - RWRP Middle - 5way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSH - RWRP Middle - 5way

Hi all! I am a new member here but I have learned a lot from reading lots and lots of threads here so thanks to everyone.

I am about to install new pickups into my 2010 Highway One strat. I am doing humcancelling SC sized pickups in the neck and bridge and keeping my middle SC pickup where it is. I also am ditching one of the tone pots and only going to be using one volume and one tone pot. Nothing too fancy going on here, just a simple setup. I have plans for other switching options but that is for a later date.

I found this schematic linked below, which is what I want, but there is a note that says "if your neck & middle pickups are fenders, then reverse the green and black wires." This has me a bit confused.

Obviously if the neck and bridge are humbuckers, then the neck AND middle are not both fenders but I have a suspicion that it says that due to the common RWRP middle pickup in fenders. So even though my neck AND middle are not both fenders but my middle pickup is, then should I reverse the green and black wires on both the humbuckers?

Re: HSH - RWRP Middle - 5way

The Fender singles are N up apparently, so to be hum canceling in 2 & 4 you have to split with the screw coil, thus the wire flip on the buckers. In an HSS I would swap the mid and neck pickups, then you would have the correct polarity, assuming the mid is rw/rp. In your case I'd try to figure out what the polarity is on the single first, then go from there. All humbuckers I know of are S to screws, N to slugs (or the corresponding positions).

BTW, just for reference Duncan rw/rp won't be hum canceling with humbuckers, they're N up, while Dimarzio rw/rp are S up and are hum canceling. Confused yet?

Comment

Working...
    X