PUP wiring question - need your help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PUP wiring question - need your help

How do I wire my bridge PUP to be the only pup and still take advantage of the toggle switchs ability. I don't use any tone pot's only the volume pot.

I've been so disatisfied with my neck pick-up that I cut the wires and laid it to rest (RIP). What I want to do it use the bridge with only one volume pot (no tone pot in the chain) but still use the toggle switch as a tool to get that on/off effect. I hope that makes sense. Van Halen used it a lot especially during You Really Got Me.

From what I can figure out I think I can do it but I wanted to ask before I go mess up my first rewiring job....I'm scared so please be gentle and use layman's terms LOL

I'm using a DD in the bridge and I want to get a 59N or a Jazz in the neck some time down the road but I have a gig this coming weekend and need the toggle effect. If you help me I'll dedicate a song to you this coming Friday...

Re: PUP wiring question - need your help

If you cut the neck pup wire, it should already work that way. Basically, you just want to have the wire that goes from the bridge pup to the switch, and the wire that goes from the switch to the volume control. None others. (Relative to the switch, that is.)

I'm assuming here that you want to use the original switch. If thats not what you meant, let me know.

Comment

Working...
    X