need help choosin pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help choosin pickups

hello, i need help choosing pickups for a strat. i have a mexican standard with rose wood neck and alder body. i have put a 62 re-issue trem on and vintage kluson tuners and replaced the nut with one made from bone. it currently has a set of seymour duncan SSL-6 calibrated set. i am going for more of a stevie ray vaughn sound like in the little wing recording. i am wondering what pick up will most closely replicate this sound. thanks in advance.

Re: need help choosin pickups

Not sure how far off you would be now... What are you using as an amp?
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

May be you consider this a silly question but: Do you have the tapped version? If you do so: Have you tried to use it?

I don't know much about the SD strat single coils but knowing that SRV had a 60's strat I think an alnico II pickup would be a good option. But I think also a Eb tuning, 13 gauge strings, a slightly cranked fender and a flanger pedal would help a lot.

Comment

i am workin on an amp, its an idea but i havent finnished it yet. so it may be way off. i am gonna run two of the bassman tube heads with mods through 3 cabs. a 2X15 with black widows, a 2X12 with celestion greenbacks and a 4x10 with celestions. the mods include reverb and groove tubes. i will be using a blues overdrive pedal and a few others mostly chorus and pahse any tips or suggestions r greatly appreciated

Comment

Working...
        X