banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SD Black Winters good for Hi Gain Deathcore/Death Metal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SD Black Winters good for Hi Gain Deathcore/Death Metal?

NO!!!!!!

You must NOT use BLACK Winter's for anything EXCEPT BLACK metal (wow that sounds racist...).

Not Grey metal, not Thrash, not Black Funeral by Mercyful Fate, not Ice, Frost, or Snowmageddon Metal!!!!!!!!!!

Just kiddin' man - you can play ALL the flavors of metal with those, as long as YOU dig the tone. Let YOUR ears decide. More than enough clips about to make an informed decision. But I'll venture to say anything an EMG does, they do better.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

They are a new breed of high gain pickup. They will be my next to try out but they seem to be voiced for extreme music like black metal. To play music like that you need aggression and grind but with the clarity under high gain and responsiveness with speed riffs so everything is heard under all that madness. They were made with that style in mind but guys are finding that they are suitable for other applications as well to include even clean tones. And from what I hear, people are loving them

Comment

Ya my only problem with the blackouts is how hard it is to silence them , I mean in chuggy parts I have to palm mute at the bridge and the nut.

Comment

Originally posted by edgeaxe1 View Post
          Ya my only problem with the blackouts is how hard it is to silence them , I mean in chuggy parts I have to palm mute at the bridge and the nut.
          Sounds like you need to get a noise gate pedal. It's the huge signal going into a really high gain amp that is creating the aforementioned noise (most likely). Blackouts are quiet, but they can't help the noise that your amp produces. I'd recommend checking out the ISP Decimator, it's what a lot of players are using nowadays.
          My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
          The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
          Originally posted by CTN
          I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
          FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

I've tried different gates. ISP was the last one I tried out. I always go back to the Boss NS-2.
            http://WolvesofSkan.bandcamp.com

http://youtube.com/user/DoomBuggi

Comment

Working...
            X