Quality push/pull pots.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality push/pull pots.

Last night while experimenting I broke a push/pull pot. Rather easily. I'm looking for a better quality pot. I'm currently using alpha pots for Les Paul's, but I was looking at the mojotone site and they have a different brand push/pull and also a push/push. Has anyone ever used these?
    Hmm...

Re: Quality push/pull pots.

Mojotone stuff is usually good.
    Not experienced their pull/push, tho.
    My blog: http://hermeticoguitar.blogspot.com
    My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/hermeticoguitar

Comment

Originally posted by VanDerchuck View Post
      Last night while experimenting I broke a push/pull pot. Rather easily. I'm looking for a better quality pot. I'm currently using alpha pots for Les Paul's, but I was looking at the mojotone site and they have a different brand push/pull and also a push/push. Has anyone ever used these?
      Most of the pots I have tried are Alphas. They're fine for set it and forget it but their build quality is not as study as, say, a Bournes, IMO. If you crank it and forget it Alphas should be fine, but if you work a lot with tone and volume during playing you'll need something built better.

I recently tried a set of Bournes 500k push pulls, and they just feel heavier/better made, with smoother action and a wider turn circumference.

The smoothest pot I have ever played (and I haven't played many) would be a pot I put into a Japanese Jackson import I own. The action is so smooth I have to make sure the volume knob is all the way up every time I do a take.

I get my import parts at MIJ guitars, which stocks parts made in metric sizes so you don't have to enlarge the holes in your import guitars. This shouldn't be an issue in a Gibson with USA sizes, but if you ever want to outfit a guitar, try them here:

A word of warning: shipping will cost you. A single 500k audio taper push pull pot was $10.

Comment

I've been happy with all of the Mojo push/pulls I've used, and they are the only push/pulls I will use from now on. The other good thing about them is that they have the standard U.S.-spec. 3/8" bushing diameter, so you don't need to adapt those teeny metric bushings to your standard-sized holes, like with the vast majority of push/pulls on the market.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Yogi Berra was correct.
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Only push pulls I've found that have a quality switch AND a good taper are the CTS ones that are braded and sold by DiMarzio.
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Thanks guys. I appreciate the info.
            Hmm...

Comment

I just used a Bourns push-pull pot, works great.

Comment

CTS push-pulls have been discontinued, from what I've read the Bourns push-pulls are the best available now. You may still be able to find CTS pp's as NOS, but they are no longer made.

Al

Comment

I've got a few push/push pots from Warmoth and I'll never go back to push/pull pots.

Comment

Originally posted by fendergeek View Post
                    I've got a few push/push pots from Warmoth and I'll never go back to push/pull pots.
                    This. So much easier than trying to pull on a skirted Strat knob. Knurled metal knobs may be easier to use with push-pull but it's just not the look I'm after.

Comment

Working...
                    X