C5 vs PATB1 in a Les Paul Goldtop classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C5 vs PATB1 in a Les Paul Goldtop classic

Just wondering what you r thoughts are on these pickups in a 1994 Les Paul goldtop. I like them both equally. Decisions decisions. Give me the positives and negatives. I play a Mesa dual rectifier with a 4x12 with 2 v30s and 2 g12k100 speakers. For heavy music to alternative covers. Thanks
    My bands links:

PEDL
    www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
    www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
    www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Re: C5 vs PATB1 in a Les Paul Goldtop classic

bump
    My bands links:

PEDL

TREBLE BLEED

KLINK

Comment

Time for another Les Paul!
      Sorry can't help you much, the C5 is awesome though. It does everything from vintage sounds to modern high-gain! The cleans lack a little IMHO but are acceptable.

Comment

I'm not sure I'd go with either of them. The C5 is too bright, too bassy, and too scooped in the mids for my tastes. The original trembucker is a darker sounding pickup, and probably not the best choice for a darker sounding guitar.

Ryan
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

In a Les Paul Classic, I'd go with CC/59 Nickelcovered. You'll be happy with it.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Tried the CC and its a little too compressed for me. I just tried a PATB3 and not enough gain but its a great pickup. I will be selling a C5, CC & PATB3 soon. I will keep my nickle covered C5 and the Patb1. I compared them tonight and I will probably stick with the PATB1 in my Ibanez 560 and in the Goildtop for now but the C5 is great too although it needs more mids and maybe a tad more gain. I would be totally happy with the Patb1 except it has a high frequency noise thing going on but it along with the C5 are my favorites. Maybe the custom shop can make it happen for me later on. The Goldtop is actually brighter sounding than my Ibanez? Not dark at all. I actually am glad I kept the Ibanez because it rocks for a cheaper guitar. I tune it to B for Slipknot/ Chevelle/ Soundgardens Rusty cage it sounds pretty good.
            My bands links:

PEDL

TREBLE BLEED

KLINK

Comment

Working...
            X