I need help with my Kramer striker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help with my Kramer striker

I put 2 hot rails and full shred in my kramer. I need the correct heights for them. I want an awesome pinch harmonic and dive bomb and I can't seem to get it

Re: I need help with my Kramer striker

Originally posted by hwsguitarman View Post
    I put 2 hot rails and full shred in my kramer. I need the correct heights for them. I want an awesome pinch harmonic and dive bomb and I can't seem to get it
    get em as high as they can go without physically interfering with string movement... then lower them till they stop "grabbing" strings on trem dives, if floyd-equipped. then check to see if nothing is still so high/so strong as to make an open string curve down toward it (hey it can totally happen, though I've only seen it with A8). lower further if that's occurred, else you're almost done.

now, plug it in and see if everything sounds good. if some position sounds "weird" somehow, try lowering that one further.

done.
    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Re: I need help with my Kramer striker

pretty much summed up right there. There is no set formula for pickup height. its going to vary with the guitar, pups etc. just have to back em down til you find the right balance of power and sustain.
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
      X