Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trembucker vs Humbucker

what is the difference?
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420, Ibanez RGA7, Ibanez RGD7421, Ibanez AFS75T 1993 Korean Squier Strat, Jackson MIJ DXMG, Yamaha APX500II
    Basses: Ibanez SR605
    Amp(s): Marshall JCM800 clone
    Seymour Duncan Pickups used: Pegasus, Sentient, Blackouts, JB, Jazz, Invader, Hotrails, Vintage Stack (tele set), Dave Mustaine Livewire,

Re: Trembucker vs Humbucker

Pole spacing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Funkfingers
    Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

ok... so like what would you use for what? like I am confused do you use a trembucker on a trem equipped guitar?
      Guitars: Ibanez RG420, Ibanez RGA7, Ibanez RGD7421, Ibanez AFS75T 1993 Korean Squier Strat, Jackson MIJ DXMG, Yamaha APX500II
      Basses: Ibanez SR605
      Amp(s): Marshall JCM800 clone
      Seymour Duncan Pickups used: Pegasus, Sentient, Blackouts, JB, Jazz, Invader, Hotrails, Vintage Stack (tele set), Dave Mustaine Livewire,

Comment

Originally posted by epi View Post
        ok... so like what would you use for what? like I am confused do you use a trembucker on a trem equipped guitar?
        For the most part yes. A lot of tremolos have wider string spacing than a fixed bridge, it is not an absolute. Your best bet is to measure the the string spacing before ordering the pickup.

Comment

All you need to know......

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Comment

Pole spacing and coil dimensions. The former does not affect tone. The latter theoretically might (but probably not in practice, IMO). To me, the reason to go for a Trembucker over a humbucker is 99% a visual O.C.D. thing, not a tonal issue. Therefore, I will always go for humbuckers if possible, as they are more "standard." Standard covers work, they look the same as a "good-old" humbucker, they will look good in any position, they're easier to re-sell, etc.
            Last edited by ItsaBass; 01-07-2014, 04:55 PM.
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

It's only the spacing, trem is wider. Soundwise it is completely identical.
              Wackor
              Ørdøg
              NecroPolo
              Diabolus in Musica
              SIDrip Alliance
              Book of Shadows
              RKH

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                For the most part yes. A lot of tremolos have wider string spacing than a fixed bridge, it is not an absolute. Your best bet is to measure the the string spacing before ordering the pickup.
                Fixed bridges can have wider spacings too, so that's not much of an absolute either.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                  Pole spacing and coil dimensions. The former does not affect tone. The latter theoretically might (but probably not in practice, IMO). To me, the reason to go for a Trembucker over a humbucker is 99% a visual O.C.D. thing, not a tonal issue. Therefore, I will always go for humbuckers if possible, as they are more "standard." Standard covers work, they look the same as a "good-old" humbucker, they will look good in any position, they're easier to re-sell, etc.
                  This maybe true, but I hate the way "standard" humbuckers look in most of the guitars I've used. Not only do they usually not line up with the strings, but they also seem to expose the cavity.

Comment

Another standard vs trem thread?

Is the search feature broken or has it already been a week since this was last brought up?

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X