banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is your favorite for Bridge of Les Paul: Custom, C5, C/59 Hybrid, or Brobucker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is your favorite for Bridge of Les Paul: Custom, C5, C/59 Hybrid, or Brobucker?

So I am restarting this, because I don't think that I titled the post well.

Given a choice of Brobucker, Custom, C5, of C/59 hybrid, which is best for the bridge of a Les Paul?
    Custom (sh-5)
    53.85%
    Custom 5 (sh-14)
    15.38%
    Custom/59 Hybrid
    7.69%
    Brobucker
    23.08%

Re: Which is your favorite for Bridge of Les Paul: Custom, C5, C/59 Hybrid, or Brobuc

why only those?

Comment

Re: Which is your favorite for Bridge of Les Paul: Custom, C5, C/59 Hybrid, or Brobuc

Don't think I'd vote for any of those as the "best" or "my favorite".
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

for my personal uses, if i had to pick from those- i'd go with the regular custom.
        "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by dvanburen View Post
          why only those?
          These are the ones I am considering - and I just would like to know that for these, which are the most popular.

Comment

They will all sound good if not great. I've tried Custom, C5 and Brobucker and for me the Brobucker is my go to humbucker. Sounds truly great in a maple capped LP or an all hog LP or SG. It depends whether you're after a hotter PAF or an even hotter PAF?

Comment

Custom Custom, man...
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Custom 8

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                  Custom Custom, man...
                  I thought you liked treble. Most players don't care for CC's in LP's as they're pretty warm.
                  "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                  "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                  "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

You just named four of the best for blues rock to metal, there's no doubt about that. Custom, Custom 5, C/59 Hybrid, and Brobucker. We're talking about tight passive humbucker tones. Those are 4 of the best. Down from there, I'd move to the Whole Lotta, Seth, Antiquity, and Pearly Gates.

When it comes to finding perfect formulas for pickups, Duncan hit the nail on the head with all of those, and many more.....like 59, Distortion, APH, JB.

To break it down further.... If you took your favorite guitar and amp, and installed one of those above mentioned pickups and couldn't find the best tone you've ever had, you'd have to be tone deaf. Going hotter is something everyone is tempted to do, but it never equates to better tone than you'd get from one of these. In my opinion, of course.

I could be proven wrong by many other Duncans that fill a gap I never had a need for.
                    Last edited by Gearjoneser; 01-17-2014, 11:46 PM.
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I am a huge fan of the Custom in a Les Paul. It's a great hard rock pickup. I like the CC with a Marshall amp, as it tends to tame some of the sizzle. In general though, I think the Custom is just a great pickup.
                      2001 Les Paul Classic (Antiquity Set)
                      2005 Les Paul Standard (Aldrich set)
                      2019 Washburn N24 (Duncan Custom Shop PATB)

Comment

Love the custom 5 in a LP type guitar.

Comment

Working...
                        X