Tele Neck Pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele Neck Pickup?

What Tele neck pickup would you pair with a Seymour Duncan Antiquity For 1950 Fender Lap Steel?
    Last edited by staybobo; 01-19-2014, 09:33 AM.

Re: Tele Neck Pickup?

an antiquity II surfer or antiquity II firebird neck pup cause they are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      an antiquity II surfer or antiquity II firebird neck pup cause they are awesome.
      Yes...especially the Ant Surfer. IMO, an alnico 5 Strat pickup sounds a lot better than any Tele neck pickup that I've ever owned.
      “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Do you want a Tele neck pickup??

If so the Antiquity with alnico 5 magnets is nice, a little dark/dull on top (like most real vintage Fenders) due to the chromed brass cover but still nice.

if you want/need more POP then talk with MJ or get a Strat pickup.

If you want more PUSH and output maybe the Firebird pickup Jeremy mentioned.
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I've changed my opinion on Tele neck pickups. I used to think they were useless and needed to be replaced with something else. I've since come to appreciate them. They have a very pleasant, mellow tone on their own, and you just can't get that bouncy, chewy middle position tone without one.

The Tele is all about the bridge pickup, and rightly so, but the neck pickup, when done right, is a classic in its own right.

Of course, if the Tele is your main guitar and you need a more versatile neck pickup, go ahead and get a Strat pickup or a mini hum. For me, if I want Strat neck tone I grab my Strat.
          Band: www.colouredanimal.com
          Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
          Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
            I've changed my opinion on Tele neck pickups. I used to think they were useless and needed to be replaced with something else. I've since come to appreciate them. They have a very pleasant, mellow tone on their own, and you just can't get that bouncy, chewy middle position tone without one.

The Tele is all about the bridge pickup, and rightly so, but the neck pickup, when done right, is a classic in its own right.

Of course, if the Tele is your main guitar and you need a more versatile neck pickup, go ahead and get a Strat pickup or a mini hum. For me, if I want Strat neck tone I grab my Strat.
            Well said!
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
            X