Double Thick Ceramic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Thick Ceramic

So I tore apart 2 PU's that were originally in an Ibanez. The magnets looked thicker than normal and the spacers were flipped vertical.

I crossed my fingers and did some research and found that they are in fact ceramic magnets. The internet said nothing about being double thick, but that was easy to assess on my own.

What PU's have you guys done with double thick ceramic?

I have only heard great things of a DTC mag in a Custom.

What else?
    -IM

Re: Double Thick Ceramic

I always wondered what a double thick ceramic would sound like in a '59b.

Sorry I can't help you.
    My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
    The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
    Originally posted by CTN
    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Were the pickups the INF models? If so the neck one should have a double thick ceramic and the bridge should have an A5.

I've got a whole HSH set in my parts drawer and soon I'm going to take the pickups apart and use the ceramic in my JB, I suppose that'll give me a distortion. Lets see how this goes...
      Last edited by Hairmail; 01-18-2014, 07:48 AM.
      “Dude, sucking at something is the first step towards being sorta good at something.” - Jake the Dog

Comment

I've heard great things about the full shred with DTC, I have a DTC in a distortion/full shred hybrid and its great. I'm gonna try one in my Gus G fire blackout next.

Comment

I've tried it in a Custom. Sounded good but wasn't my thing. Thick bass.

I probably have an extra DTC magnet laying around if anyone wants it. It is highly preferred that you have some other magnet to trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairmail View Post
            Were the pickups the INF models? If so the neck one should have a double thick ceramic and the bridge should have an A5.

I've got a whole HSH set in my parts drawer and soon I'm going to take the pickups apart and use the ceramic in my JB, I suppose that'll give me a distortion. Lets see how this goes...
            Negative. I don't remember what the model is off the top of my head but it's not INF. and they are both DTC mags
            -IM

Comment

Originally posted by Hairmail View Post

Negative. I don't remember what the model is off the top of my head but it's not INF. and they are both DTC mags
              -IM

Comment

Originally posted by allstarrme View Post
                I've heard great things about the full shred with DTC, I have a DTC in a distortion/full shred hybrid and its great. I'm gonna try one in my Gus G fire blackout next.
                Talk to me about that hybrid. What guitar? Its not too sharp and trebley?
                -IM

Comment

thick ceramic in custom is very very cool. warmer and bigger sounding than stock custom. big bottom end but not muddy at all. good string separation. Its a better version of the stock custom. It sounds absolutely massive and if you a/b it with the stock custom you may find that the stock is colder and a bit thinner in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by dvanburen View Post
                    thick ceramic in custom is very very cool. warmer and bigger sounding than stock custom. big bottom end but not muddy at all. good string separation. Its a better version of the stock custom. It sounds absolutely massive and if you a/b it with the stock custom you may find that the stock is colder and a bit thinner in comparison.
                    Sounds similar to a C8.

I definitely love the Custom and C8
                    -IM

Comment

Not related really, but I wouldn't mind having a Custom 8, a 4 conductor 59n, JB8, and JazzN with 3 way toggle switches and push pull 500k master volume.

Comment

Working...
                      X