X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-Rails SHPR-1B vs SDPR-1N

Hello All!

New forumite and first post.

A while ago I purchased an ESP LTD PB-401 with Seymour Duncan P-Rail PUPs. I've since swapped them out for some Dimarzio Evolutions and have the P-Rails simply sitting in the Dimarzio boxes, doing nothing, have tried to sell, no luck.

This past weekend I visited a studio which had an Epiphone Les Paul Junior (TV Yellow beauty) and the owner had put a P-Rail in it, wired up the volume and tone knobs with push/pull and it sounded absolutely incredible, not to mention played like a dream. I was truly floored. With this in mind, I mentioned I had some and was now considering doing the same. A few questions came about which I'm hoping someone here could shed a little light on.

1-He asked if they were the "hot" or "standard" ones, stating the "hot" supposedly have some bad rep. He had no idea what that was, just said he had heard it somewhere. Anyone?

2-The labels on the bottom of mine state "I1093, SHPR-1B, 20080924" and "IOS60, SHPR-1N, 20080625". I presume this is just model and serial number info, however, if anything specific should be known about these numbers, it'd be greatly appreciated.

3-Understanding the "-B" and "-N" to represent Bridge and Neck positions; is there any difference in them when mounted the same - rail/pole relation to bridge? I ask because the Epi LP Jr. is a single, bridge position PUP and I'm hoping to get a couple to put these PUP's in.

Any responses and information would be greatly appreciated. I'd LOVE to get a couple guitars sounding as good as his. Wow! Simple and sweet.

Re: P-Rails SHPR-1B vs SDPR-1N

Questions 1 & 2- SHPR-1 is the standard P-rail, SHPR-2 would be the model number for the P-rail Hot.

Q3- N & B do indeed represent neck and bridge. Some like to switch the orientation of their bridge model (put it in backwards), giving the P-90 more beef (as it would then be a tiny bit closer to the neck) and the blade/rail more twang (being a tiny bit closer to the bridge). As far as neck vs. bridge, without checking the specs sheet the bridge is probably wound a tad hotter.
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Working...
    X