Pearly Gates bridge used in neck position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pearly Gates bridge used in neck position

Separate issue... I have heard lots of great things about SD Pearly Gates pick ups. I have an authentic 1973 Ibanez pre-lawsuit Les Paul with Maxon Super 70's. It's bone stock, but it looks almost identical to the 59 PG LP reissue. Only thing I've done to it is change strings to (7's) like Billy Gibbons uses. I've been thinking about switching out the Super 70's for SD Pearly Gates to more closely mimic the coveted 59 Gibson LP Billy Gibbons Pearly Gates reissue set up. I'm playing through an older Crate VC30 2-channel tube amp without any other add-ons. Would it be worth the expense?

Comment

Re: Pearly Gates bridge used in neck position

At one point in time I had more than a dozen of PG's... And I still keep 2 of them, a 8.00K and a 8.05K. Both used in the neck. I had one that measured 7.95K. I wanted to keep it but it was white you know...

I love PGB's in the neck slot. And the highs are alright. I just set it a bit lower and tilt the side underneath the plain strings a bit more.

Here is how the 8.05K sounds in the neck of my PRS McCarty (while playing on some backtrack)

B
      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Working...
      X