banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More P-Rail questions:Triple Shot?Free-way+Varitone+Push/Pull?Concentric Pot?, etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More P-Rail questions:Triple Shot?Free-way+Varitone+Push/Pull?Concentric Pot?, et

That makes quite a bit of sense in regards to the example using the rotary switch for pickup selection.

After much consideration and with efficiency and minimalism in mind I've decided to go with the Triple Shot. Not to mention my limited cavity space and the desire to not route unnecessarily.

I appreciate all of the assistance and advice everyone has given me thus far and I look forward to posting about my journey once I am at the stages where I can actually do so.

Comment

Re: More P-Rail questions:Triple Shot?Free-way+Varitone+Push/Pull?Concentric Pot?, et

One thing I always do with Triple Shots is to use the alternate wiring scheme. That way the switches always point toward the active coil (in the normal wiring, the switches point toward the inactive coil...seem dumb to me and not intuitive at all).
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I completely agree the alternate wiring scheme seems like the most intuitive option to me as well.

Comment

Working...
        X