banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a GOOD acoustic 'sound hole' pick up ! ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a GOOD acoustic 'sound hole' pick up ! ???

Looking into the 150-200.00 USD range.

What is out there guys ?

Point me in the right direction . . .

Thanks to all.
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Re: a GOOD acoustic 'sound hole' pick up ! ???

I've been using a Baggs M1A for a few years in my D28 with good results. My buddy I play with all the time had one too, but recently installed something like a Lyric in his OOO28; doesn't sound any better, IMO.

Comment

I installed a Fishman RareEarth pickup in my sister's Guild... while she rarely uses it, she loves the sound of it.

I do not remember if it was the single or the stacked humbucker version... depending on what your music, the internal mic might be a nice addition.
      "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

I've had the Woody HC for like 10 years and love it. It has a rich, natural tone and all the Woody pickups are affordable.

If you do percussive stuff you want to get a Mag Mic since that combines a mic with a magnetic pickup.

Comment

Baggs M1A. Can't go wrong.
          Quality riffs in about a minute...
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

i've had an original Dean Markley Pro-Mag in my Yamaha acoustic since the early 90's. in fact it was in the guitar when i acquired it. i've loaned that guitar out to 3 different people over the years. each of the three has remarked that it was the perfect acoustic sound directly through the board.

i wouldn't know...i've never used it myself. i did have the 1/4" output plug clipped and wired to an end pin jack. it's there if i need it. and it's gotten good reviews.

Comment

Thanks guys !
              Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

I really like the Duncan Woody - but I don't know that I'd call it "good"

It is a definite price/performer. There are certainly better out there.
                Last edited by Aceman; 01-24-2014, 09:10 PM.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

If you decide to increase your budget to above $300, I've got a '90's vintage Sunrise I would sell ya. Got it new, hand made, and straight from the man himself in person when he had his Van Nuys shop. I haven't had a use for it in years, but it was hands down the best acoustic guitar pickup to my ears when I did use it.

Otherwise, I'd increase your budget by $30 and get the Duncan mag Mic. It's basically a Sunrise type pickup, plus a mic. It's an outstanding pickup, especially considering how little it costs.
                  Originally posted by LesStrat
                  Yogi Berra was correct.
                  Originally posted by JOLLY
                  I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I have a mag + piezo in my Yamaha Classical -

That setup is the acoustic shiz.

Comment

ItsaBass' Sunrise... If it was good enough for Michael Hedges...
                      "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Yep. Lr Baggs m1. Hands down
                        sigpic

Comment

I have a Fish man Rare Earth (stacked humbucker) in mine. I have no complaints at all with it.

Comment

HArd to argue BAggs/Fishman. That's their thing.

But if you are going there $$$$ then you might as well consider D-Tar.

Comment

Working...
                            X