banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WLH compared to BK rebel yells or Pearly gates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WLH compared to BK rebel yells or Pearly gates?

put the WLH bridge with the PG neck.
    but if you're not in love with the BKs replace them with the WLH.
    IMO the WLH sound good and are easy to dial in.
    I've found with the WLH you don't have to fiddle & fuss trying to find the "sweet spot", it just seems to be different flavors of pretty damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon_F View Post
      Thanks for the offer Craig but I'll be fine just as soon as I can sneak another Les Paul into the house
      Spoken like a true Duncan member. You don't have too many PU's, you need more guitars!
      "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
      "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
      "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
        Spoken like a true Duncan member. You don't have too many PU's, you need more guitars!
        I'm getting to that point myself....again.

Comment

Maybe I'm biased, but I really like having the PG set in my les paul. Admittedly I'm more of a single coil guy, but I've tried a Seth, two or three hand-wound pickups (JS moore, all low-wind and unpotted), and the A2pro in the neck, and I like the PGn just as well as any of them. They don't have that spine-tingling jazz chord sound that you get with the low-wind unpotted pickups, but they are my favorite of the potted humbuckers I've played. Admittedly, I haven't tried the 59/Jazz yet so that may change.

In the bridge, I've tried the dimarzio virtual hot PAF, A custom wound, double screw 9k A2 humbucker (JS moore again), the Custom 8, 59/Custom with A2, A5 and A8, the p-rails, strat and tele singles out the wazoo, and I still really like the PGb. A lot, actually. I mean, yeah, it's a lot brighter/twangy than the neck, but you go from that pickup into a cranked tube amp (admittedly mine is only 18w but is still plenty loud for what I need), it delivers the goods. It's not as touch-sensitive as other PAF pickups, but if you play it right, it sounds good.
          Originally posted by ImmortalSix
          I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a BJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon_F View Post
            Thanks for the offer Craig but I'll be fine just as soon as I can sneak another Les Paul into the house
            Thought that'd be the case but figured I'd ask anyway!

I'm eyeing up another LP myself at the minute too

Comment

Originally posted by jimijames View Post
              if you play it right, it sounds good.
              True of most pickups. When you're making changes like pickups, so much of it is just taste, really subjective. As much as Blueman335 thinks they're middle of the road they may be another players Holy Grail. I've had PGn pickup in the neck position of a H-H Strat in the past and found it to be quite useable there...not it's designed application but still a good sound. At the time I had a Full Shred in the bridge and those with those two pickups I could cover a lot of ground with the Strat.
              2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
              1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Working...
              X