No announcement yet.

EMTY installation? Pick up Depth range?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMTY installation? Pick up Depth range?

I just had my new emtys installed in a schecter hellraiser c1fr at my local guitar center. Iam new to active pick ups in general, and iam not familiar with exactly how these puppies are installed. I took my guitar home today plugged it in to my amp and I noticed that the pickups were flat level with the body of the guitar. I read a thread on here and saw that one guy had his emtys set flat as well because of the high output to avoid muddy sounds or feedback? As I plugged mine in it sounded somewhat dull on the treble pick up and did not get that warm tight end sound I was told I would get. Should I get the pick ups reset? Are both pickups suppose to be set flat or is this a preference? hope you guys can help me out

Re: EMTY installation? Pick up Depth range?

Originally posted by DeadThrone View Post
    I just had my new emtys installed in a schecter hellraiser c1fr at my local guitar center. Iam new to active pick ups in general, and iam not familiar with exactly how these puppies are installed. I took my guitar home today plugged it in to my amp and I noticed that the pickups were flat level with the body of the guitar. I read a thread on here and saw that one guy had his emtys set flat as well because of the high output to avoid muddy sounds or feedback? As I plugged mine in it sounded somewhat dull on the treble pick up and did not get that warm tight end sound I was told I would get. Should I get the pick ups reset? Are both pickups suppose to be set flat or is this a preference? hope you guys can help me out
    Fret the highest fret on the low E string, and use a dime stacked on top of two nickels. Place them on the pickup on the low end side, and adjust the pickup until the dime touches the low E. If there is a wide space between flat with the body and the bottom of the low E, then adjust them together so you don't break anything [trust me, you can warp the screw if you don't adjust them relatively evenly if there is wide difference]. Anyways, take the two nickels after you've adjusted the low end side of the pickup and place them on the high end side of the pickup, fretting the high e at the highest fret again. The pickups will be very slightly off kilter, but you shouldn't be able to notice much. Ask if you have more questions.

Comment

Working...
    X