banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have You Heard of This Pickup: Antiquity II 5 Way Tele Tapped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have You Heard of This Pickup: Antiquity II 5 Way Tele Tapped?

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
    Are you going to move the tap to a push/pull or a mini toggle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No. I'm thinking of doing your mod in my actual Tele. The pickup in that guitar is not tapped.
    “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Cool. The 4th position us a pretty cool sound...it's not a sound I use all the time but it is a nice sound to have now and then!

If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

i use a 4way on my tele too. its nice to have the series option even if i dont use it all that often

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
          BTW and FWIW, I don't think the pickup in the OP is the 53 tapped pickup...the 53 pickup is alnico II and I'm betting that the Antiquity II tapped is alnico 5...
          I don't think they're the same either. The Antiquity tapped is $120 and the CS tapped is $200. I also don't think that store carries any CS pickups.

So the question remains - what is this pickup?
          Custom neck-thru strat
          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
          1995 PRS CE24
          D'avanzo #8
          Breedlove Solo Concert
          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

After some reading it looks like a standard Ant II with a tap.

I think it's a winner either way.

If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Also, FWIW don't base too much on cost...

The neck pickup to the 53 tapped set sells for 145 on its own and 120 if you buy it with the matching bridge but it is THE SAME as the standard Antiquity neck and those are 85...

Had I known that I'd have ordered mine differently!!

Comment

Working...
              X