Selling/Auction advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling/Auction advise

Any serious ebayers here have any thoughts on loaded pickguards vs individual pick ups?

I have an all SSL-1 strat pickguard all wired with cloth wire and old fashioned switch and orange cap. Seems a shame to break it all apart, but I have a feeling I will do better selling it in parts.

Any thoughts?
    Jim Dier

www.rmutt.us

Re: Selling/Auction advise

If it's all regular Fender the price difference is negligible, especially with the time spent pulling it apart & auction/shipping cost.

Comment

Time spent separating components only converts to money spent if you're a business owner paying someone to do it. A private individual's personal time spent engaged in such activities never equals money. If it feels like work that you should be paid for, I suggest you avoid such activity.

That said, you're more likely to be stuck with an empty pickguard if you separate everything, but you reduce your audience by keeping it all together, as bidders would feel they're paying for a pickguard they'll just throw away (but more likely will attempt to resell once they strip it).
      Originally posted by Brown Note
      I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
      My Blog

Comment

Thanks guys. You are confirming my instincts to break it all up.
        Jim Dier

www.rmutt.us

Comment

I'd prolly try to sell it as a package,personally.

"Scalloped & Stickered"
          A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Started parting my stuff out.

Jim Dier

www.rmutt.us

Comment

Working...
            X