Wiring Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Questions

I already had this information ... diagrams and all in a file that I managed to throw away in an ill advised cleaning rampage.

On SD humbuckers which pairs of wires connect to which coils?

My goal is to wire an HSS strat with a standard 5-way switch, auto split of the humbucker, and with the rear tone control wired to the bridge only and the two tone pots separated so that the humbucker can have its own tone capacitor.

I had wired my strat that was stolen this way and I loved it ..... but I don't remember exactly how I did it. Well, I do remember that I combined Seymour's Strat diagram for Strat, HSS, Volume and 2 Tones, auto split with modifications for splitting the tone controls I found @ guitarnuts.com.

I think (but with my memory or lack thereof I can't be certain) that I wired it so that in the switch position where the humbucker was split and combined with the middle pickup the slug coil of the HB was being used. I do recall relocating wires on the switch several times in an attempt to get everything working. I finally got it to work when I physically switched positions of the neck and RWRP middle pickups in the pickguard so that the split HB was not paired with a RWRP middle pup.

Anyway, it sounded great, and I want to configure the Strat I am building the same way. I would also appreciate suggestions for bridge pot capacitor value.
    Last edited by Lazarus1140; 02-03-2014, 09:08 AM.
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .
Working...
X