Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Seymour Duncan pickup is this?

Originally posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    All my 59s, which are non-customs, have a logo on 'em.
    You talking 'bout the logo on the coil, right?

'59 Trembuckers have the logo. The SH ones don't.

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Even the official product description states "no logo".

HTH,
    Last edited by LtKojak; 02-08-2014, 09:49 AM.

Comment

So....we are looking at a 59 bridge pickup, right?

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
        You talking 'bout the logo on the coil, right?

'59 Trembuckers have the logo. The SH ones don't.

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Even the official product description states "no logo".

HTH,
        My 59s are all SHs and they come with logo. They are for necks and come as an OEM version. I wonder if OEM is any different from those sold aftermarket.

Comment

Hey, this might be stupid, but do you remember how you got that pickup? Do you remember taking it out of a guitar? If so we can google it and it's specs to see what it comes with. Did you buy it separately from someone? A gift? If you remember who maybe they know and you can ask them. Can I ask what leads yo to believe it's an sh-2?

The more and more I research the more and more I think it's a Pearly Gates. It has a logo that the 59 sh doesn't usually have, has a DC resistance surprisingly close to the bridge pickup version of the Pg, and has 4 conductor which a 59 doesn't. If we had the magnet type we could say for sure. If an A5 then I say the Jazz more so than the 59 because of the other pointers, if an A2 then that confirms it is a Pg.
          Last edited by Falloffthebonetone; 02-10-2014, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Griffin View Post
            My 59s are all SHs and they come with logo. They are for necks and come as an OEM version. I wonder if OEM is any different from those sold aftermarket.
            OEMs would have logos, otherwise when the spec sheet says "Duncan 59 in the neck" the buyer goes "oh yeah? says who?"

It bother me that there's no sticker under the wax on the pickup in question.

Still, the meter reading could indicate 59. Test the wires from both coils to make sure it's not only reading half a Distortion.
            Originally posted by Brown Note
            I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
            My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Falloffthebonetone View Post
              Hey, this might be stupid, but do you remember how you got that pickup? Do you remember taking it out of a guitar? If so we can google it and it's specs to see what it comes with. Did you buy it separately from someone? A gift? If you remember who maybe they know and you can ask them. Can I ask what leads yo to believe it's an sh-2?

The more and more I research the more and more I think it's a Pearly Gates. It has a logo that the 59 sh doesn't usually have, has a DC resistance surprisingly close to the bridge pickup version of the Pg, and has 4 conductor which a 59 doesn't. If we had the magnet type we could say for sure. If an A5 then I say the Jazz more so than the 59 because of the other pointers, if an A2 then that confirms it is a Pg.
              I went through a phase where I bought a bunch of random guitar parts on my local Craigslist just to have in case. This was one of them. It came separate and that's pretty much all I remember from it.

Comment

Working...
              X