Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why is the JB/59 so popular?

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
    No clue. I it is a horrendous EQ mismatch. Dial in enough lows for your bridge at the amp, and the 59 woof is out of control. Same goes for the midrange, dial it backto avoid overkill mids from the JB and the 59 is so scooped and icepicky it sounds like garbage. Jazz is a much better match for the JB.

IMO, the pairing is all about marketing...jazz will never sell as well as 59 will, and guitar manufacturers know it.
    I just go the other direction when it comes to EQ. At all 5's the '59, to me, is perfect. Then the JB, when I need it, is a kick in the teeth. But that being said, the JB isn't necessarily the best suited for cleans, so yeah, my method is a bit lacking in versatility, to an extent.

Still, to my ears, the Jazz has almost too much bass. On the one in my Schecter C-1 Classic, I had to back the low string side of the Jazz away in order for it to balance out. On my Showmaster I have to back the pickup the max recommended distance away from the strings and then raise the treble side until it works for me (but that's when using it with the Full Shred).
    My Website || My Music
    Originally posted by US Declaration of Independence
    ... are endowed by their CREATOR with certain unalienable rights....
    Gear: Boss ME70, Ovation CC44, ESP EC-1000FM, Fender Twin Reverb, Fender Pro Junior, Fender Showmaster FMT HH

Comment

I don't know why, I honestly don't like either pickup I am more of a Jazz/Invader or Blackouts for 6 string and for 7 string I like Sentient/Pegasus (not to much of a fan of the Pegasus might switch to BKPs)
      Guitars: Ibanez RG420, Ibanez RGA7, Ibanez RGD7421, Ibanez AFS75T 1993 Korean Squier Strat, Jackson MIJ DXMG, Yamaha APX500II
      Basses: Ibanez SR605
      Amp(s): Marshall JCM800 clone
      Seymour Duncan Pickups used: Pegasus, Sentient, Blackouts, JB, Jazz, Invader, Hotrails, Vintage Stack (tele set), Dave Mustaine Livewire,

Comment

I love the JB and 59 combination in my ESP/LTD EC-1000

I have a Jazz neck in my other guitar. I really like both sounds. The 59 and the Jazz are different but both cool.

The 59 just sounds like rock to me. That's good because it's in my rock guitar!

I do notice that I play more effects on the guitar that has the Jazz neck usually, than the 59, kinda like DrNewcenstein said above. The Jazz is just a cool even modern sound to me. I like the clean sounds and delay or chorus with that more than the 59. That just might be the guitar it is in.

I play a Marshall DSL401, and I don't notice any boom or mud in the neck, and switch back and forth between the pickups. I also like the JB and the 59 together in the middle position. It's a really full sound on my EC-1000 and great for dirty rhythm.

Comment

I can't pick a favorite. Too many styles of music, too many sounds. They are all good!
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
          X