AlNiCo 2 Trembucker Comparison???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlNiCo 2 Trembucker Comparison???

For you guys with experience with these pickups, how do the Custom Custom, JB2, Holdsworth, and RTM pickups compare to each other? (In terms of output and tone.)

I'm guessing the RTM would be the highest output judging by the DC resistance, followed by the JB2, and the Custom Custom would be the lowest output. Not sure where the Holdsworth falls as I can't find the specs. I'm guessing it's similar to the JB2 in output, but it would have a slightly warmer tone than a jb2 due to the double row of screws?

Ranking from brightest to warmest, would it be Custom Custom as the brightest of the bunch, then the Holdsworth, JB2, and the RTM being the warmest? Again, I'm just guessing based on the DC resistance.

Thanks for any help.

Re: AlNiCo 2 Trembucker Comparison???

I think the Custom Custom is considered a warm pickup. I converted a Custom5 to a CC and it was definitely warmer and chewier in the mids. It has a smooth top that isn't cut off or choked. The Holdsworth is a JB with A2 and double screws which adds smoothness. The RTM is Demartini's signature pickup so won't be a million miles from a standard JB that he's used for years.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X