configuration opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• configuration opinion?

I really love the vintage hot stack plus (stk-s7) the hot stack plus (stk-s9b) and the cool rails (scr-1) i was thinking of trying the stk-7 in the neck, the stk-s9b in the bridge and the scr-1 in the middle. what are your thoughts and opinions? this would be going in a 2003 USA highway 1 strat with 3 single coil pickups,5 way switch, 2 tone and 1 volume knob. thanks for your input. I had a dealer tell me that the scr-1 would sound like crap in the middle and would need to be placed in the bridge position but according to the charts the s9b would be a better fit in the bridge position. and would these 3 even work good together?

Re: configuration opinion?

I personally see nothing wrong with placing the pickups like that. Everyone has their own sound, so if this set-up works for you, then great. Give it a try, and if you hate it, then get new ones. Also, I don't think the cool rails would sound like crap in the middle. In the "rails set" the cool rails goes in the neck, so nothing says it has to go in the bridge. I think you'll be just fine with it in the middle. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.
    1998 Dean Select ML, Dean Bubinga ML, Dean Icon, Dean Custom 450, Luna Andromeda, DBZ Bolero, Guild Bluesbird, Gretsch G5420TG, 4 Strats, BC Rich Mockingbird Special, PMC/ Cort Archtop, Agile 7 string, 2 Custom Made, Walden D710, Dean Juggernaut Bass, Squier Classic 60's Jazz Bass, Sunn Alpha 212R, Genz-Benz El Diablo, Laney GH-100L, Crate Blue Voodoo, Univox 1051, 1987 Erich Phretchner Cello, Custom Built Electric Cello

Comment

Working...
    X