Fat Strat pickup combos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Strat pickup combos

So, what are you guys using. I just put a JB in my Strat, SSL1 middle, and a SSL6 neck. A friend suggested this, and hot damn, is it a good one. 250k pots, and tone control on the bridge. I didn't think I liked the JB, but I experienced it last in a Les Paul.

Sent from my chromed robot turd, using the miserable junk code known as crapatalk.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Originally posted by Securb
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Re: Fat Strat pickup combos

I've noticed that in general, higher output early 60s style Strat singles mix better with humbuckers because while vintage they are still hotter and middier without being overwound. Also, I think brighter and lower output humbuckers mix well in the bridge position. Basically, my ideal Fat Strat setup is going back to the early 1960s, picking a nice slab rosewood Strat with some robust sounding singles, finding a relatively bright sounding PAF and putting that in the Strat.

The problem with high output HSS setups is that I don't like hot single coils in the neck or middle so I end up with low output singles that don't match a hot humbucker. If I had to though, I'd take a Custom Custom in the bridge for sure. It slays in the bridge of a Strat.

Comment

Working...
    X