banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any info so far on the new Dimebag Sig. Neck Pickup??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any info so far on the new Dimebag Sig. Neck Pickup??

Hi Guys, i ve seen some unofficial infos regarding this new signature dimebag neck pickup, but i would like more specs.
    DO you know when will it be released??
    Im asking because at the same time im waiting some info on a custom set for me in the SD CS, and im also wanting to get 1 Pearly Gates Neck for one of my guitars that will feature a duncan custom bridge and a JB JR in the middle. (Ibz RG550).
    i currently have 6 guitars, 2 of them are 7 strings and already have a pickup, so i just need this extra neck pickup, AND another duncan set. im planing on finishing my collection with 8 guitars.

Thanks once again and let me know if theres any news about this pickup so far.
    JP
    Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
    Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
    Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
    Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
    Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
    Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
    Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
    Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Re: Any info so far on the new Dimebag Sig. Neck Pickup??

It's a stock 59 bridge model, which Dime used in the neck position. The pickup itself is not different, just its location.

They're non logo'd so you can get one anywhere and use it, or if you want a logo to appear on the correct side of the pickup then you can order a Shop Floor Custom with the logo on the slug bobbin.

Comment

There wont be any mods to the PIckup itself? ex : more mids in the EQ, or perhaps that blade x regular pole pieces thing?
      Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
      Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Comment

As far as I can remember he rarely used it anyway til the later pantera albums

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WITH FULL DISTORTION View Post
          There wont be any mods to the PIckup itself? ex : more mids in the EQ, or perhaps that blade x regular pole pieces thing?
          Evan Skopp talked a bit about this in another thread. Hopefully he doesn't mind me pasting the quote in here: " FWIW, Kevin Beller and I were working with Dime on a neck pickup at the time of his death. We were trying to capture the sound of the '59 in a blade pickup that had the same appearance as the signature Dimebucker. Obviously, we were never able to complete the project."

So out of respect to Dime, they did not continue the project. You should be good with ordering a 59 Bridge model for the neck to pair with the Dimebucker in the Bridge.
          - Fender Vintage Hot Rod '62 Stratocaster w/ Seymour Duncan Antiquity Surfer pickups
          - 2012 Gibson Les Paul Traditional w/ Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Jimmy Page set

Comment

We spoke to Grady Champion, Dime's longtime tech, about what he was using in the neck once the Dimebucker came out. Dime had relied on the '59 neck for many years, but after the Dimebucker was released they experimented with different Seymour Duncan pickups for they rythm tone. The one that they stuck with was the 4-conductor '59 bridge. Since this set is a tribute to what Dime was actually using, we're including the exact same pickup but with short mounting legs so it easily fits into any guitar. There will be an option for the set with a black '59 or zebra '59. Long Live Dimebag!!

Comment

Thanks again. Q: )
              Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
              Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Comment

Working...
              X