banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternate Esquire with only white and ground?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate Esquire with only white and ground?

I am trying to use the alternate Esquire wiring with only white and ground. I had everything wired before I noticed. Can anyone tell me what else I can do? I didn't use the regular esquire wiring because I only have the stock cap.

Re: Alternate Esquire with only white and ground?

I'm assuming everything is wired per the alternate drawing but you don't have a tapped pickup so there's nothing coming in to the middle position on the switch right now? If so, I would try clipping the little jumper between pins 2-3, opposite side of where the pickup is wired. Then wire pin 2 that you just clipped straight to the middle lug of the tone pot such that it bypasses the pot and runs the signal through the cap to ground. That should work out to a semi-traditional Esquire switch setup: 1. straight out, no tone control, 2. normal with tone control, 3. dark circuit direct through tone cap, no tone control (it will sound about the same as having the tone control all the way down.)

Comment

I appreciate the input. Could you draw that by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Almost Never View Post
        I appreciate the input. Could you draw that by chance?
        This is how I might get back to a normal Esquire circuit out of the Seymour alternate one, if you've only got one cap to work with. (I would test this with alligator-clip test wires before soldering. Forget what I wrote and just go by this drawing.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	esquire_alternate2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	5776102

Comment

Working...
        X