banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nashville Deluxe Power Telecaster and SD Little '59?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nashville Deluxe Power Telecaster and SD Little '59?

New guy here, please be gentle... I recently got a Nashville Deluxe Power Telecaster with the following SD pups on board: Vintage Stack for Tele in the neck; Classic Stack Plus for Strat in the middle; and Little '59 for Tele in the bridge. The little '59 growls in the bridge, but I can't get the twang that a Tele needs...

I'm sure the Little '59 is a 4-wire pup - my question is, how would I modify the wiring to install a mini toggle to split the coils of the '59 for maximum twang? Maybe splitting the coils is the wrong terminology - perhaps switching from series to parallel (or vice versa)? Or perhaps I could install a 3-way mini-toggle to get series/parallel/split?

I'm a classic rock rhythm guy, and play in a cover band where the most options in 1 guitar would be a plus. Tele twang, stratty quack, and humbucker growl are all required tones.

I've not yet pulled the pickguard off. SD customer support tells me they have no diagram for the Nashville Power Tele...

Thank you.

Re: Nashville Deluxe Power Telecaster and SD Little '59?

We don't have every diagram unfortunately, but you can combine some from what we already have. You might want to try wiring the Little '59 in parallel (Red & Black to hot, all other wires to ground) and that will make it a little spankier.

Comment

Working...
    X