X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Choosing Pickup for Basswood RG921

Hey everybody.

This is my first post on this forum.

I am about to buy the Premium Ibanez RG921.
    Ibanez RG921 BK Premium Premium electric guitar - The brand new RG-921 Series by Ibanez, on basis of the RG821 / RG870Z / RG721, with absolutely professional features like DiMarzio pickups, and an outstanding price-quality relation.

It's got an American Basswood body and a rosewood fretboard. The stock pickups in it are the DiMarzio IBZ(H) neck and bridge pickups.
    I have never used the SD pickups before. And i am looking to replace just the BRIDGE pickup for now, when i get the guitar. I mainly play metal but would want to be able to play different styles of music as well. And I will be using the guitar through my POD X3 Pro. I am mainly going for the kind of tone that GOJIRA has.

Gojira's official video for ‘L'Enfant Sauvage’ from the album, L'Enfant Sauvage. This year marks the 10th anniversary of Gorjira’s critically acclaimed 5th s...

The official video for Gojira 'Explosia' taken from the album 'L 'Enfant Sauvage' released on Roadrunner Records.Click the link to buy the album now http://b...

They use the SD JB/'59 in their Mahogany guitars. I've read on a lot of forums that JB in Basswood guitars sounds thin and a little more towards the high end. What SD pickup would you guys suggest for the bridge (JB, Duncan Distortion, Duncan Custom or the Custom Custom or any other)?

Cheers for any help!
Working...
X