banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help wiring SH-4. Only1 humbucker and 1 volume. No tone or selector.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help wiring SH-4. Only1 humbucker and 1 volume. No tone or selector.

Hi all - Very confused by the diagram. I'm getting sound after installing but it's faint and with no kick to it at all.

My setup is a simple bridge humbucker to a volume knob. That's it. No tone or selector switch and no neck pickup.

What I wired was the skinny black wire to the pot connector, then the plain wire grounded to top of the pot. This was the setup I had for the previous pickup (although that hot wire was the white one, not black).

Is that correct and should I be doing something with the other colored wires?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mike

Re: Need help wiring SH-4. Only1 humbucker and 1 volume. No tone or selector.

The bare wire and green wire both go together on the back of the pot and solder the red and white together then tape them up so they don't short out. The black does go to the lug where the red wire from your old pickup went. See if that works.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup. Like this: 1hum_1vol

I'm surprised you got any sound at all, with those other wires disconnected.

Comment

Thank you very much, guys. It's working fine now. Really appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
        X