banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single to use with Dimebucker and P-rail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single to use with Dimebucker and P-rail?

Hiya there

Thinking about finally ponying up for a neat custom guitar, and I have started to consider pickups. Now, I kinda want to do the combo Monte Pittman (Madonna and solo) used to use, which is a Dimebucker/single/P-rail (I'm considering using a triple-shot for the P-rail). The problem is that I have no idea of what single would work nice with a split Dimebucker, the rail coil of a P-rail, and work ok by itself in the middle position of a 5-way. Does anyone have a good idea?

Full disclosure, if I can't find a useable single, I might just do Dime/'59, Dime/P-rail, or '59/'59
    Also at sevenstring.org
    You're a member too? Feel free to shoot me a line, we can reminisce about Shono.. Or not

Re: Single to use with Dimebucker and P-rail?

What about a lil demon in the middle or did you want more of a single coil sound from the middle? If it's the latter maybe try a quarter pounder.
    Originally posted by KBliss
    WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
    Originally posted by trevorus
    The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

I know this is a very very very oddball suggestion but maybe you should look at the Dimarzio evolution middle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar216 View Post
        What about a lil demon in the middle or did you want more of a single coil sound from the middle? If it's the latter maybe try a quarter pounder.

That's a very good idea that I hadn't even considered... I quite like that... Especially considering that I, after some thinking, might just forgo the middle position completely and just have full neck+bridge there...

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
        I know this is a very very very oddball suggestion but maybe you should look at the Dimarzio evolution middle
        Are they still sold? Can't seem to find them on the DMZ website..
        Also at sevenstring.org
        You're a member too? Feel free to shoot me a line, we can reminisce about Shono.. Or not

Comment

Working...
        X